Batman '89 (2021)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Tue, 16 Feb 2021, 21:05

Previous topic - Next topic
I was thinking. Issue 2 mentions Burnside, which is a Batgirl side of town. Is it possible that lady detective is Babs?

Has anyone pre purchased theirs? Apparently, they've sold out in some places.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Tue, 29 Jun  2021, 15:21
I was thinking. Issue 2 mentions Burnside, which is a Batgirl side of town. Is it possible that lady detective is Babs?

Could be. Judging from this Taurin Clarke variant.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

That female cop was gathering all Batman-related evidence in another picture. What if she is Ellen Yindel? It would make most sense, given she is known to have an anti-Batman agenda in TDKR.

As for the guy who looks like Scorpion, is that meant to be Robin? I would've guessed it might be Azrael, but the costume colour scheme is different.

Catwoman's new look is a little more provocative than her original outfit.

Loving everything so far.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: GBglide on Tue,  6 Jul  2021, 02:05
It didn't even cross my mind that I could reserve a copy. I'll try my local comic book store tomorrow.

Quote from: GBglide on Tue,  6 Jul  2021, 02:05

I snagged mine at two different places online. I'm trying to get all variants, so I used Stadium Comics to get the standard cover by Joe, the Jerry Ordway cover, and the Joe variant that's gonna be 1:25 in circulation and is kinda pricey. Stadium is the only online retailer that I saw that has that one and they bundled it in a set with the other two.

I did Midtown Comics to get the newly unveiled Taurin Clarke version that features Mortal Kombat Robin. They still have preorders up for the reg and Ordway versions. Issue 2 is also up.

Yeah....not a fan of the Scorpion/Robin design.

If you want to give him a hood, go for it, but don't make it look like a blatant MK-ripoff.