Batman '89 (2021)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Tue, 16 Feb 2021, 21:05

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Gotham Knight on Wed, 16 Jun  2021, 15:08

That looks like an expression of surprise, suggesting Bruce could be caught off guard by the investigation. If so, that's probably the more exciting option as intuitive improvisation is the secret of genius.

Guess who's back, back again. Also new under roos.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Fri, 18 Jun  2021, 13:42

Guess who's back, back again. Also new under roos.

The lunar background (very apt for a woman named 'Selina') and pose remind me of this.

Fri, 18 Jun 2021, 19:15 #143 Last Edit: Fri, 18 Jun 2021, 19:21 by Gotham Knight
"And if I may editorialize, you all are not ready for what Sam Hamm has been cooking up for this series. Just staggering, brilliant takes. I can't speak for my art, but the story does not disappoint." --Joe Quinones

Synopsis for #2. "A showdown in Burnside leaves both Batman and the Gotham borough reeling. As the community rallies together behind Harvey Dent, can Bruce find a way forward for both Batman and the city?"

#2 Cover

and Variant #2 by Mitch Gerads

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Fri, 18 Jun  2021, 19:15
Synopsis for #2. "A showdown in Burnside leaves both Batman and the Gotham borough reeling. As the community rallies together behind Harvey Dent, can Bruce find a way forward for both Batman and the city?"
Hmm. Sounds like there could be lots of property damage here, just like when Penguin hijacked the Batmobile. If those themes are explored I'm all for it.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Thu, 24 Jun  2021, 14:14

As if I wasn't already hyped enough for this series, they go and throw in the scarecrow from Burton's Sleepy Hollow.

I hope we're going to see lots of spooky gothic Burtonesque images like this in both the Batman 89 comic and The Flash. It would be awesome if this is what the Burtonverse Jonathan Crane looked like when in costume.

Here's a big question. When you guys buy in print, where do you buy your comics? Is it at an online store? Will you be doing that with this book? Would you share that info with me?

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Mon, 28 Jun  2021, 16:57
Here's a big question. When you guys buy in print, where do you buy your comics? Is it at an online store? Will you be doing that with this book? Would you share that info with me?
I generally read comics digitally. When I do buy the physical issues I'd like to support my local comic book shop.

Gonna buy these in print to go with my comic adaptations. I go to a local store