The Flash (2022)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Fri, 21 Aug 2020, 14:35

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Thu, 15 Jun  2023, 17:18I think my friend on facebook may have spoiled the end camero and I'm kinda annoyed about that. Plus people on some forums cant seem to be bothered using spoiler tags even with forums with spoiler threads. Also all the "ending explained" videos are coming out cause Europe is seeing it first so I am doing a social media block out for the next 24 hours
That sucks. I think we're pretty good here in regards to spoilers. We speculate as to what could happen without definitely knowing. And when we do, white text is used if we feel like it's required, with the rest being general comments without going too deep into context.

About three days or so after seeing the movie I still lean on the liking it side. I enjoyed myself enough while watching it. But right now I don't have a burning desire to see it again straight away. But I will. I have things I'd like to discuss here but I'll wait a bit longer so others have had the chance to see it.

I'm seeing the movie tomorrow.

Which is strange when you think about it. Why isn't the movie where Michael Keaton comes back to Batman coming out on June 23?

Anyway, I'll have more to say later.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Fri, 16 Jun  2023, 17:21I'm seeing the movie tomorrow.

Which is strange when you think about it. Why isn't the movie where Michael Keaton comes back to Batman coming out on June 23?

It was, actually. When it first got delayed to 2023 it was slated for June 23rd. It got moved up to the 16th back in January or something.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Fri, 16 Jun  2023, 17:21I'm seeing the movie tomorrow.

Anyway, I'll have more to say later.
Colors going to a cinema? Seems like a special event rarity from what I understand. Naturally I'll be interested to hear what you think of both the movie and the cinema going experience itself.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 16 Jun  2023, 19:59Colors going to a cinema? Seems like a special event rarity from what I understand. Naturally I'll be interested to hear what you think of both the movie and the cinema going experience itself.
I think I can do it. Besides, it's Keaton as Batman, amirite?

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Fri, 16 Jun  2023, 20:15
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 16 Jun  2023, 19:59Colors going to a cinema? Seems like a special event rarity from what I understand. Naturally I'll be interested to hear what you think of both the movie and the cinema going experience itself.
I think I can do it. Besides, it's Keaton as Batman, amirite?
The cinema going experience can be hit and miss. The hit is always the big screen, the darkness and the sound. But who you're seated with is luck of the draw. If things escalate in there make sure you don't miss when you go to hit.

Don't expect a movie like Joker or The Batman as the tone is different to that. I still mostly enjoyed the movie though for what it was going for, even if I'd have to push it down my Batman movie appearance ranking as other films are much purer, Batman world centric adaptions.

I posted a review in the spoiler thread, but to summarise my thoughts in a more concise spoiler-free statement:

I think it's a pretty average movie, overlong, tonally uneven, with poor special effects and an annoying central performance from Miller; but I think the musical score is good, Keaton's return is handled well, Batman gets some cool action scenes, and the film succeeds in making the viewer care about the central mother-son relationship. I enjoyed it overall, despite its shortcomings.

People's mileage will vary according to their tolerance for Miller and their affection for Keaton.

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Thu, 15 Jun  2023, 17:18I think my friend on facebook may have spoiled the end camero and I'm kinda annoyed about that. Plus people on some forums cant seem to be bothered using spoiler tags even with forums with spoiler threads. Also all the "ending explained" videos are coming out cause Europe is seeing it first so I am doing a social media block out for the next 24 hours

Yeah that sucks... I was watching a non-spoilery video about the movie on YouTube and someone dropped a massive spoiler in the comments.  >:(

Sounds like Muschietti is trying to be a company man.