The Flash (2022)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Fri, 21 Aug 2020, 14:35

Previous topic - Next topic
I agree with that. I think the movie is good on the whole but I'm okay in spacing out a second viewing. This isn't Batman 3 by any stretch in terms of his screentime. But I think his return action scene is one of the best on film. Once he's in the batwing you can tell he's transformed into his all business persona. I view The Flash as a tribute to what came before in a different setting/context. It's a bonus, and Keaton is still my favorite Dark Knight.

It was an absolute joy to see him again. And his 1st scene in the movie totally answers the question of "how could a 70-ish year old Batman still have the goods?" haha... t

There were a couple of very minor Keaton-related gripes I had, and that's mainly because I think it could've been more subtle. The famous "wanna get nuts?" line from the trailer I think could've worked better if changed to "You guys wanna get nuts?" and still been close enough to connect it to the first movie. But again, if I'm griping about things like that, it's because I'm being so nitpicky after a 30 year absence. I think it's fair to say that if you subtract him from the movie completely, the movie wouldn't work as well as it does.

Wed, 14 Jun 2023, 05:46 #902 Last Edit: Wed, 14 Jun 2023, 05:49 by The Dark Knight
It's worth noting the Batfleck action scene on the bike. There's a particular section on a bridge that counts as one of the best cinematic Batman pieces of action as well in my book. It's very much in the manner of 'you don't stop Batman, you only temporarily slow him down'. A goon has a reaction equivalent to Bob The Goon as well - he made the smart choice after what I saw.

As for Keaton and any future appearances, I honestly don't see how he's written out from appearing in anything again. The nature of time travel and the multiverse makes any plotline possible, and the film doesn't really outright state one way or another as to what's what. You just know the new world Barry made is off from how things should be.

I think it was worth WB releasing the movie despite all the drama. I don't think it's an all timer, but it's still a worthwhile addition. I'm leaning on the 7.5 or 8/10 side.

Andre over at Midnight's Edge gives his non-spoiler review.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Michael Keaton made an appearance at a screening of "The Flash" in Paris last night.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Well, I have tickets for tomorrow night. I've been doing a good job at avoiding spoilers. I've only seen the official trailers, so I that's all I know of or have seen.

Definitely excited to see Keaton on the big screen again.  8)

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 14 Jun  2023, 05:46It's worth noting the Batfleck action scene on the bike. There's a particular section on a bridge that counts as one of the best cinematic Batman pieces of action as well in my book. It's very much in the manner of 'you don't stop Batman, you only temporarily slow him down'. A goon has a reaction equivalent to Bob The Goon as well - he made the smart choice after what I saw.

It's interesting... I found that scene to be unexciting. It wasn't the "wow" factor that I had hoped for Affleck's Batman even if he is one of my least favourite portrayals. But yeah, most people may feel differently about that scene. I did laugh at the "goon reaction" you're referring to. That was funny. Overall though I think it's worth seeing in the cinema even if it's a bit messy... I can't imagine anyone would walk away not being pleased with Keaton's part in it all.

Quote from: KeatonisBatman on Wed, 14 Jun  2023, 22:17
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 14 Jun  2023, 05:46It's worth noting the Batfleck action scene on the bike. There's a particular section on a bridge that counts as one of the best cinematic Batman pieces of action as well in my book. It's very much in the manner of 'you don't stop Batman, you only temporarily slow him down'. A goon has a reaction equivalent to Bob The Goon as well - he made the smart choice after what I saw.

It's interesting... I found that scene to be unexciting. It wasn't the "wow" factor that I had hoped for Affleck's Batman even if he is one of my least favourite portrayals. But yeah, most people may feel differently about that scene. I did laugh at the "goon reaction" you're referring to. That was funny. Overall though I think it's worth seeing in the cinema even if it's a bit messy... I can't imagine anyone would walk away not being pleased with Keaton's part in it all.
Affleck didn't look great in the suit during his dialogue scene. But the fighting on top and inside the car was great in my opinion.

Quote from: Travesty on Wed, 14 Jun  2023, 13:53Well, I have tickets for tomorrow night. I've been doing a good job at avoiding spoilers. I've only seen the official trailers, so I that's all I know of or have seen.

Definitely excited to see Keaton on the big screen again.  8)

I think my friend on facebook may have spoiled the end camero and I'm kinda annoyed about that. Plus people on some forums cant seem to be bothered using spoiler tags even with forums with spoiler threads. Also all the "ending explained" videos are coming out cause Europe is seeing it first so I am doing a social media block out for the next 24 hours

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Thu, 15 Jun  2023, 17:18I think my friend on facebook may have spoiled the end camero and I'm kinda annoyed about that. Plus people on some forums cant seem to be bothered using spoiler tags even with forums with spoiler threads. Also all the "ending explained" videos are coming out cause Europe is seeing it first so I am doing a social media block out for the next 24 hours
I would recommend avoiding the Wikipedia page as well. Because it's festooned with spoiler info.