The Flash (2022)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Fri, 21 Aug 2020, 14:35

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat,  1 May  2021, 23:02
It looks very similar, enough for people to think it was Knebworth. I did some digging and found out Knebworth needs more than 70,000 pounds worth of emergency repairs to fix serious cracking. That was reported in March 2021.
Good find.

I think we can safely say this isn't a cameo, right?

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Sun,  2 May  2021, 00:56
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat,  1 May  2021, 23:02
It looks very similar, enough for people to think it was Knebworth. I did some digging and found out Knebworth needs more than 70,000 pounds worth of emergency repairs to fix serious cracking. That was reported in March 2021.
Good find.

I think we can safely say this isn't a cameo, right?
Barry frequently conversed with Thomas Wayne in the comic storyline. Keaton is substituting him in the movie. The exterior shots could be minimal, but what better place to plan their moves than inside Wayne Manor and the batcave?

There are a number of ways to interpret this location photography:

•   This could be the new Burtonverse Wayne Manor.

•   WB might still use Knebworth House for the exteriors while using this house for some of the interiors (Knebworth was used for the exteriors in the 1989 film, but the interiors were shot at Hatfield House in the same county).

•   They might be shooting interiors for Affleck's renovated stately Wayne Manor.

•   This could be the new stately Wayne Manor that is formed when the DCEU and Burtonverse versions merge at the end of the film.

I don't mind if it is a new stately Wayne Manor, since Burton already changed its appearance for Batman Returns. But I also wouldn't be surprised if Muschietti ended up keeping Knebworth for the exterior shots. Or maybe this is the new exterior and he'll return to Hatfield House for the interiors.

Here's a roundup of some unsubstantiated rumours I've seen online lately. Take these with a pinch of salt.

The first is that at least one other Batman will appear in the movie besides Keaton and Affleck. According to hearsay, his role will be smaller than the other two Batmen and will probably amount to a brief cameo when the Flash is travelling between realities. Some fans are speculating that it'll be either Clooney or Bale, since Kilmer's health might prevent him from doing it. It seems more likely to me that it would be Pattinson.

Another rumour, courtesy of Jett from BoF, is that Keaton will wear a version of the Kingdom Come armour at some point in the film. Fans have speculated that this might happen ever since Keaton's return was first floated, but now Jett is saying he's heard from an inside source that it's on the cards. The official concept art shows Keaton in the 89 suit, so presumably if he does wear the mech armour it'll only be for one scene. Perhaps he'll use it in the final battle instead of a new vehicle?

Or perhaps neither of these rumours is true.

I don't think we'll see any footage from the film until DC FanDome 2021 at the earliest, which is in October. However we might get a picture of Keaton in the costume before then.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sun,  2 May  2021, 15:37
The first is that at least one other Batman will appear in the movie besides Keaton and Affleck. According to hearsay, his role will be smaller than the other two Batmen and will probably amount to a brief cameo when the Flash is travelling between realities. Some fans are speculating that it'll be either Clooney or Bale, since Kilmer's health might prevent him from doing it. It seems more likely to me that it would be Pattinson.
Pattinson makes the most sense. I hate Doctor Who now but the 50th Anniversary special had two returning Doctors (10 and 11) with a very brief cameo of 12, who at that point had yet to appear. Something similar would be okay here.

Quote from: The Joker on Fri, 30 Apr  2021, 19:22
Quote from: KeatonisBatman on Wed, 21 Apr  2021, 06:00
That just made my decade.  You know, in my senior yearbook way back in 97 (*cough cough*) I said it was my ambition to make it through university with good grades, figure out what I want to do in life, and see Michael Keaton don the bat-suit one more time.  So, I'm prettttttty sure you guys have me to thank for speaking this into existence nearly 25 years ago.  Wink wink, nudge nudge.  ha!

I've heard through the grapevine that (supposedly) the batmoblie will coming around this location in the next couple of days.

Filming has commenced at Burghley House. Smoke was observed.

Mon, 10 May 2021, 01:19 #87 Last Edit: Mon, 10 May 2021, 01:50 by Gotham Knight
It is being reported that the Flash will be filming in Scotland in June. It is also being mentioned by sources that Glasgow and Edinburgh are being used for Gotham City.. specifically what I'll call Earth-89's Gotham, and their primary purpose is for flashback scenes. Very intriguing.

Another tidbit that I've been hearing is that Keaton was almost certainly lying about being uncertain whether he'd be able to 'find the time to do it' or not. His level of involvement would necessitate it being finalized months in advance and that his participation was by no means a last minute situation. Could not have been it seems because I've now heard it reiterated that this is a 'team up movie' and Keaton's Batman is the second lead of the film.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Mon, 10 May  2021, 01:19
It is being reported that the Flash will be filming in Scotland in June. It is also being mentioned by sources that Glasgow and Edinburgh are being used for Gotham City.. specifically what I'll call Earth-89's Gotham, and their primary purpose is for flashback scenes. Very intriguing.
Very. Makes me wonder if de-ageing technology will be used to show Keaton's Batman in his prime.
Quote from: Gotham Knight on Mon, 10 May  2021, 19:51
Could not have been it seems because I've now heard it reiterated that this is a 'team up movie' and Keaton's Batman is the second lead of the film.
Affleck opening and ending the film is how I'd approach it, with Keaton getting the screen time in between.