The Flash (2022)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Fri, 21 Aug 2020, 14:35

Previous topic - Next topic
The vehicle company working on the film posted this.

I'm not crazy, right? That's Batman and Robin, isn't it?

Looks like it.

Will these merely be trophies displayed in the Batcave, or will the Burtonverse Robin/Nightwing make an appearance? Or will Chris O'Donnell make a cameo alongside the rumoured third Batman? If the Schumacher Batman does appear, hopefully it'll be Kilmer rather than Clooney. They could always get Val's son Jack to speak his dialogue for him.

Wondering if it's something for the crew, but then why Batman & Robin? Unless it's an inside joke?

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Mon, 12 Jul  2021, 13:48
I'm not crazy, right? That's Batman and Robin, isn't it?
You know it is. We all know that symbol. If there's a Schumacherverse reference I'm hoping they play it completely straight and resist the urge to joke about them. Those opinions remain in the real world, not in universe. A Schumacher reference could be their way of setting the timeline diversion in stone, letting the audience know the 1989-1992 and 1995-1997 timelines are seperate.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 12 Jul  2021, 23:50letting the audience know the 1989-1992 and 1995-1997 timelines are seperate.
Eh. I mean, I get that. But canon or official continuity be damned, I will always believe that B89-B&R tell a story about the same guy.

(But yeah, the current movies can do whatever they want, Keaton is back, nothing else matters)

It does. But I've never considered 95-97 to be a pure Keaton continuation.

Sat, 17 Jul 2021, 11:41 #186 Last Edit: Tue, 20 Jul 2021, 01:26 by Gotham Knight

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Sat, 17 Jul  2021, 11:41

There she is. 8)

They're obviously not going for an exact recreation of the 1989 Batcave, but you can see how some of the aesthetic principles have carried over in the way the Brutalist concrete walls blend with the surrounding rock. Note the metal ladder protruding from the wall to the left of the turntable.

This one's interesting, as it looks like a cross between the 1989 Batcave and the Nolan version.

I hope they'll throw in some elements of the Batman Returns Batcave too.

Supergirl's costume looks better here without the harness, but it really needs red boots and a belt or trunks to break up the blue.

But on the whole, it's all looking good so far.

Looks good. I'm okay with a different batcave. And when I think about it, using known elements of B89 but doing something new is probably the best way to reconcile the B89-BR aesthetic change as every Keaton cave was different. I also hope they include nods to the Returns cave as it then becomes a celebration of both films while also embracing the future. I see it as the same environment with a different expressionistic atmosphere.

Great to see the Batmobile in all its glory. Unchanged as you cannot improve upon perfection. After seeing the new design for the Keaton Batcycle I'd love to see that parked somewhere.

Sat, 17 Jul 2021, 14:26 #189 Last Edit: Sat, 17 Jul 2021, 22:53 by The Joker

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."