The Flash (2022)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Fri, 21 Aug 2020, 14:35

Previous topic - Next topic
Yea, I'm taking a lot of things with a grain of salt considering all the misleading/wrong things about the Snyder cut. For me, we'll see what we get when we get there. I'm, at the very least, glad we got the real justice league.

Same with the Flash, there are already people trashing it, and I'm of the opinion that it may suck but even if it does, it won't ruin Keaton's Batman for me as I still got my 2 films for him and up until the Snydercut I couldn't stand his Flash.

I think the story (if true) sound pretty good. Seems concise, which I think is what we need right now.

Saw the on set pic of Keaton as Bruce. I think he looks pretty good. A wig was an obvious necessity but I'm glad they got one that matched his hair style from the Burton films.

Mon, 21 Jun 2021, 20:46 #143 Last Edit: Mon, 21 Jun 2021, 21:41 by eledoremassis02
If this is in fact his car, it does remind me of the one he drives in Beyond.

Edit:

People on the Superhero Hype forums thinking Bruce may have some scaring from Catwoman on his face. It's hard to tell if it's just the lighting but that would be a nice callback

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Mon, 21 Jun  2021, 12:38
He could retain memories of everything the Burtonverse version went through and accomplished, and perhaps he'll even remember everything Batfleck went through (fighting Superman, battling Steppenwolf, forming the Justice League, etc). This newly rebooted Batman, if indeed that's what he is, might be a Keaton-shaped amalgamation of the Burtonverse and Snyderverse incarnations.
I like the idea it's 100% Burtonverse Bruce, but he comes up to speed with the DCEU goings on (which is essential given this is his world now) via research and conversation.

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Mon, 21 Jun  2021, 20:46
People on the Superhero Hype forums thinking Bruce may have some scaring from Catwoman on his face. It's hard to tell if it's just the lighting but that would be a nice callback
They may have a point there.

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Mon, 21 Jun  2021, 16:25
Yea, I'm taking a lot of things with a grain of salt considering all the misleading/wrong things about the Snyder cut. For me, we'll see what we get when we get there. I'm, at the very least, glad we got the real justice league.

Be that as it may, don't underestimate Warner Butchers and their meddling. They forced the removal of John Stewart from ZSJL for no reason out of spite, and they already compromised The Flash by removing Cyborg due to Fisher's dispute with key executives. It wouldn't surprise me if we hear more things getting cut because of their terrible decision-making, as we saw in ZSJL and heard about in the Ayer cut.

Same with the Flash, there are already people trashing it, and I'm of the opinion that it may suck but even if it does, it won't ruin Keaton's Batman for me as I still got my 2 films for him and up until the Snydercut I couldn't stand his Flash.

Agreed. I thought Miller was the weakest link in the entire JL cast, but ZSJL redeemed him a fair bit. The humour felt more natural rather than any of Whedon's stupid raunchy jokes, and the spectacular scene where he uses the Speed Force to rescue the League and the world during the climax further enhanced his character. To think there are some people out there who thought he was still better in Josstice L. ::)

I don't think those are scars. They appear to be nothing more than aging skin blemishes. Plus, the scratches he had at the end of BR weren't quite as close to his cheek.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Supergirl looks like she's wearing the same style of Snyderverse suit. I'm guessing that's intentional?

Quote from: Travesty on Tue, 22 Jun  2021, 14:57
Supergirl looks like she's wearing the same style of Snyderverse suit. I'm guessing that's intentional?

The S shield is nearly identical, but there are some noticeable differences. I wouldn't be surprised if this is the studio's way of trying to trick the fans into thinking the Snyderverse will be respected.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Mon, 21 Jun  2021, 12:38
If this is a rebooted DC universe, partly birthed from the remnants of the Burtonverse, then that also opens up some intriguing possibilities concerning past villains. For example, you could have Danny DeVito appear as an older version of the Penguin while still acknowledging the events of Batman Returns. He still ran for mayor, still tried to kill the firstborns, and still plummeted into a pool of industrial waste, only now he's been reborn as part of the wider rebirth of the DC universe.

That could be interesting. I don't know. I have to think about this some more. The type of scenario kinda makes me think of the DCU's reboots with Joe Chill in a way. Pre-Crisis Earth-Two, and Earth-One Joe Chill gets killed in similar fashion. Post-Crisis he's reborn only to get off'ed by The Reaper. Post-Zero Hour DCU, it's retconned that Chill might not be the murderer of Bruce's parents, and the case never resolved. Post-Infinite Crisis, Joe's reinstated as the killer of the Wayne's, and possibly commits suicide. New52, Chill's confronted but not killed, and in Post-DC Rebirth, Joe Chill is dying of cancer and atones for his sins.

That's quite a bit of shifting around, but that's DC for ya.

Devito's Penguin indeed has his arc in Batman Returns, but being that playing somewhat fast and loose with prior continuity following Flashpoint is very likely going to happen, I can actually see Warners trying something like this.   

QuoteYou could have a younger actor play the resurrected Nicholson Joker in Batman Beyond, attributing his change in appearance to the broader DCEU reboot while still acknowledging everything that happened in the 1989 film. There are a lot of interesting avenues they could explore with this premise.

Now this, THIS, better be looked after with the upmost care. Whoever they get for the Joker, better recognize that he's not stepping into just any Joker role, but a resurrected version of Jack Nicholson's iconic Joker! Not only do I want some of Jack's classic line's being reprised, but I want the guy to study Jack's mannerisms and personal eccentricities to where his performance is literally making me think of Jack Nicholson's Joker possessing someone's body, without Jack himself actually really being there.

Tall order? Sure, but that character, THAT Joker, being brought back demands a performance that'll make Jack himself smile.

Better respect the world's first fully functioning homicidal artist!

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."