The Flash (2022)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Fri, 21 Aug 2020, 14:35

Previous topic - Next topic
Oh....my...god. Yes!

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Fri,  4 Jun  2021, 13:56

Welp.

Big thing I noticed here was the Returns look of it and the very NOT rubber feeling. Seems like armor. I'm shocked that it looks like a direct evolution of Returns. Very happy.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Fri,  4 Jun  2021, 14:59
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Fri,  4 Jun  2021, 14:49
The most interesting thing about it is where the cowl/cape starts or is supposed to start. Looks like solid armor that is approximating the cape area around the emblem to retain the Burton aesthetic. Getting a TDK but Burton armor feeling.

Perhaps this is the Kingdom Come armour he's rumoured to wear at some point in the film. Or is it his regular suit?

Either way, I hope that's blood and not raspberry syrup. Keaton's Batman always ends up a bit bloodied by the end of the movie.

Fri, 4 Jun 2021, 16:20 #102 Last Edit: Fri, 4 Jun 2021, 16:29 by BatmanFurst
Even though I'm assuming the suit will differ, I like that they used the Returns logo.

Between Keaton's return, the comic series coming out next month, and all the recent merch it's a great time to be a Burton Batman fan. Hopefully when The Flash releases we can finally get some new Keaton Batman apparel!

That's still my favorite version of the Batman emblem so I'm glad they're using it. I agree the suit itself looks more like armor, which we predicted would be worn at some point.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Fri,  4 Jun  2021, 13:56

Rather than go back to a more 1989 bat-suit, it looks like Keaton's Batman continued to modify the 1992 Returns suit to what we see here.

Works for me.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: BatmanFurst on Fri,  4 Jun  2021, 16:20
Even though I'm assuming the suit will differ, I like that they used the Returns logo.

Between Keaton's return, the comic series coming out next month, and all the recent merch it's a great time to be a Burton Batman fan. Hopefully when The Flash releases we can finally get some new Keaton Batman apparel!

As much as I'm pleased to see the nods to the BR Batsuit, all this focus on Keaton's Batman so far makes me convinced he was brought in not only to capitalise on the nostalgia hype, but they don't think Ezra Miller can carry a film on his own. I would've said that's fair, if WB didn't have a notorious reputation of studio meddling and blatant sabotage of their own productions.

For example, one of the VFX supervisors who worked on JL - who is also working on this film - said the entire third act was reshot because the studio didn't understand how Barry could turn back time and thought audiences wouldn't get it either. Not only that turned out flat-out wrong with the release of ZSJL, but now we're supposed to trust the studio on how this Flash movie explores the multiverse and time travel? Yeah, right.

Honestly, the upcoming comics run is the only Burton-related media I'm looking forward to, at the moment. Until there are big changes at WB Pictures, I don't plan to give them any more money any time soon. Hopefully this new merger with Discovery results in good things.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

The yellow oval seems to be back after a 26 year absence from feature film.

Honestly, that scores a lot of points with me right there.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sat,  5 Jun  2021, 01:43
Quote from: BatmanFurst on Fri,  4 Jun  2021, 16:20

As much as I'm pleased to see the nods to the BR Batsuit, all this focus on Keaton's Batman so far makes me convinced he was brought in not only to capitalise on the nostalgia hype, but they don't think Ezra Miller can carry a film on his own. I would've said that's fair, if WB didn't have a notorious reputation of studio meddling and blatant sabotage of their own productions.

For example, one of the VFX supervisors who worked on JL - who is also working on this film - said the entire third act was reshot because the studio didn't understand how Barry could turn back time and thought audiences wouldn't get it either. Not only that turned out flat-out wrong with the release of ZSJL, but now we're supposed to trust the studio on how this Flash movie explores the multiverse and time travel? Yeah, right.

Honestly, the upcoming comics run is the only Burton-related media I'm looking forward to, at the moment. Until there are big changes at WB Pictures, I don't plan to give them any more money any time soon. Hopefully this new merger with Discovery results in good things.
I don't think I would've seen this movie is Keaton's Batman wasn't in it.

Quote from: BatmanFurst on Sat,  5 Jun  2021, 19:53
I don't think I would've seen this movie is Keaton's Batman wasn't in it.

I totally understand. It is exciting that Keaton is making his return after all these years. Even more so when the vast majority of us fans didn't believe he'd ever come back. I'll go far to say the comics renaissance would not be happening if he didn't sign on for The Flash. But as I as said before, I just don't trust WB Pictures with the misconduct and meddling going on behind the scenes.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I see some blogs are comparing Keaton's bloodied bat insignia to the Comedian's Smiley badge in Watchmen.

Personally, I wouldn't read too much into it.