Michael Keaton in talks to return as Batman

Started by Silver Nemesis, Mon, 22 Jun 2020, 19:07

Previous topic - Next topic
In light of the one year anniversary, let me just say that one rumor that's been going around is obviously that Keaton's Batman will replace Affleck's Batman.

I love Affleck in the role. But if I could only have one actor as THE Batman, I'm happy that it's Keaton who is elbowing Affleck out of the way. If it had to happen, this is just about what I'd want.

Don't screw this up, WB. I'm not the one setting my expectations here; you are. You'd better hope you bring your A-game.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue, 22 Jun  2021, 20:28
In light of the one year anniversary, let me just say that one rumor that's been going around is obviously that Keaton's Batman will replace Affleck's Batman.

I love Affleck in the role. But if I could only have one actor as THE Batman, I'm happy that it's Keaton who is elbowing Affleck out of the way. If it had to happen, this is just about what I'd want.

This rumour was supposedly debunked months ago, but I wouldn't be surprised if that is the agenda.

And honestly, I think it is a TERRIBLE idea.

Sorry, I love Keaton's Batman too, but the idea of him replacing Affleck, at his age, makes no sense, and he would be limited in a mentor role. I'd only be keen on Keaton sticking around if he does it on his own terms. Not have him replace another Batman in Warner Butchers' lousy attempt to "fix" a universe they broke.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue, 22 Jun  2021, 20:28
Don't screw this up, WB. I'm not the one setting my expectations here; you are. You'd better hope you bring your A-game.

Really? After all the incompetence and blatant sabotage that they've been guilty of over the last few years, what hope is there that they will pull off such an already shoddy idea effectively? This studio is not only anti-fans, they're anti-creative too.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Tue, 22 Jun  2021, 17:35
I'm bumping this thread for its one-year anniversary. A year ago today the first reports broke of Keaton's return. Some said it was too good to be true, but here we are, twelve months later, and it's definitely happening.

I just wanted to mark the occasion. ;D
Affleck is sensational and will always rank close to the top of my list. But when it comes to the foundations of my Batman fandom I have a simple motto: Keaton is King. I believe the only other actor who had the same historic power is the late Adam West. Which puts the importance of this return into perspective. It's Keaton's time to again show he IS Batman, even after all this time sitting dormant on the sidelines. I'm sure he can recapture the necessary mood. In that set photo you can see the intensity of Keaton's glare. He means business in this role.

Let's get nuts (preferably pistachios, almonds and macadamias).

I've been reading lots of rumours and alleged 'leaks' over the past few weeks from people claiming to have inside sources at WB. Much of this will be false information – possibly all of it – but some of it might be true. Here's a rundown of some of the more interesting claims I've read. Take all of this with a pinch of salt. I'm just repeating what others have said, so judge for yourselves whether or not it's true.

Firstly, Keaton's supposedly signed on to play Batman in at least five films. Probably more.

Secondly, Matt Reeves and Robert Pattinson allegedly refused to allow their Batman to be connected with the DCEU. This put WB in a bind. Affleck didn't want to continue in the role, and if they cast a new young actor it would invite direct – and most likely unfavourable – comparisons with Battinson. So they opted for an older Batman that they knew fans already loved.

THE FLASH

One source is claiming that earlier reports of Batfleck dying in the opening act of The Flash are false, and that he shows up during the final battle, meets Keaton and fights alongside him. If true, this might be the result of reshoots inspired by the success of Spider-Man: No Way Home.

One leaker is claiming that the film's primary antagonist is the Speed Force itself, but that there are also three other villains, two of whom are local to the Burtonverse.

The final battle in The Flash, like the one in Flashpoint, is said to be epic. There are meant to be lots of cameos and Easter egg references. Don't be surprised if there are nods to other screen versions of Batman.

BATGIRL

Some sources are claiming that the DCEU version of Dick Grayson is introduced in Batgirl. If true, this will be the adult version of the Robin seen in the mural photographed on set.

One source is claiming that Dylan O'Brien was offered the part, but I suspect that's just fan casting since he played Keaton's protégé in American Assassin.

While Keaton's playing one of the main leads in The Flash, effectively co-starring alongside Miller, his part in Batgirl is expected to be a smaller supporting role. It's unlikely he'll suit up, though there might be a short prologue or flashback scene showing a digitally de-aged Keaton battling Brendan Fraser's Firefly alongside Dick Grayson's Robin. Other than that though, he'll probably just appear as Bruce.

Keaton is rumoured to be shooting his scenes in Scotland this month, so set pics might appear online in the coming weeks.

AQUAMAN AND THE LOST KINGDOM

Fans spotted Keaton's production assistant listed on this movie's IMDb page a while back, and since the credit still hasn't been removed many are taking it as confirmation that he is in the film. At least one source is claiming that Keaton definitely is in Aquaman 2, and that he secretly shot his scenes back when he was filming The Flash, as both movies were in production in the UK concurrently.

If Keaton is in this one, his role will most likely be a small Nick Fury-style cameo as Bruce Wayne, possibly during or after the end credits. The purpose of the cameo will be to pave the way for the new Justice League film.

If the rumours are true, then this will be Keaton's fifth movie appearance as Batman and his third DCEU film of 2022.

NIGHTWING

Some sources are claiming that a Nightwing solo movie will spin off from Batgirl and that Keaton will be involved. The extent of his involvement – whether he'll be playing a prominent supporting role as in Batgirl, or merely making a brief cameo – is unknown.

SHAZAM! FURY OF THE GODS

So far I've not seen any leaks claiming Keaton's involved with this. However, some sources are claiming that Captain Marvel is joining the eponymous team in the next Justice League film, and that's prompted fan conjecture that Keaton will make a Nick Fury-style cameo similar to the one in Aquaman 2. Again, to pave the way for the new Justice League movie. File this one under speculation.

GOTHAM CITY SIRENS

There aren't many specific leaks about this movie so far, but at least one source claims that Keaton is involved in some capacity.

JUSTICE LEAGUE

WB is still chasing that billion dollar JLA movie. If these leaks/rumours are true, then it sounds like most of the upcoming DCEU films are building up to this, with Keaton's Batman serving as the connective element much the way Nick Fury did during the MCU's first phase.

Supposedly the new film will have more of a Silver Age feel and will pit the Justice League against a cosmic threat.

Sources are claiming that the line-up will include Keaton's Batman (possibly as the leader), Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Captain Marvel and Supergirl, with Batgirl and Nightwing possibly showing up too. It sounds like Keaton will be one of the main stars of this film, as he is in The Flash, and there's a good chance he'll suit up again. If these claims are true, then I've got a feeling this will be his final Batman movie.

BATMAN BEYOND

There are still no leaks or insider reports on this one. It wouldn't fit in with the current Justice League plan, so it probably isn't happening. Not for now at least. But it's possible they might do it at a later time, once the current Justice League slate has been completed, though that's purely speculation on my part. The Bruce Wayne in Batman Beyond is meant to be in his eighties when he trains Terry, so there's still time for Keaton to do it further down the line. But right now, it doesn't seem to be happening.

Like I say, this information is all just rumour, speculation and alleged leaks, so it's possible none of it is true. But I think some of it might be. I imagine most fans of the Burton Batman would have been happy with just a standalone Batman Beyond flick, but there it is. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Artist Rudy Ao shared this image on social media inspired by Bat-Keaton's new costume.

So it seems Ben Affleck is going to be in Aquaman 2 as well. I wonder whats going on!

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

We've all said our piece about the Ezra disappointment. But after reading a more detailed plot description of The Flash, which I'm inclined to believe - or want to believe at the very least, I still want to see the movie. If this plot was followed I'd be right on board with most of it, all things considered. Keaton's Batman comes off better in this outline. He agets to kick ass when rescuing Supergirl, and apparently flies the B89 Batwing, or something similar to it, into battle with guns blazing. At the end of that battle Batman is shown to be injured, not dead but you presume he will. He appears at the end and the manner of his survival left up to speculation. I greatly prefer this depiction rather than having his neck snapped repeatedly. This movie will probably be Keaton's largest role in the comeback, so there's that hook. His appearance in Batgirl is apparently very minimal. So was his original screen time in Aquaman 2.

Quote from: Kamdan on Tue,  2 Aug  2022, 18:42
They misspelled "PAYCHECK" as "WRITING."

;D :D

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."