Michael Keaton in talks to return as Batman

Started by Silver Nemesis, Mon, 22 Jun 2020, 19:07

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon, 28 Sep  2020, 22:42
Not sure if this is the best thread for it but allegedly Christian Bale is being wooed to come back as Batman too.

This is starting to get... idk, weird. I mean, the Crisis Arrowverse crossover already looked amateurish af. But whatever, let the good times roll, I guess.

That won't play as well with Flashpoint tho. Flashpoint isn't Crisis. Flashpoint is Flashpoint. Flashpoint is basically an alternate universe where, essentially, one decision Barry unilaterally made had ripple effects he could never have imagined. The purpose Batman plays in that story is to serve as arguably the best example of just how drastically different the Flashpoint world was from what fans were used to. Bigger stuff would come along later, of course.

That was the whole point of it. So this idea of throwing all these other Batmen in there is just idiotic. I'm willing to bend the rules of the story to suit Keaton returning as Burton's Batman. But these rumors are true then it really looks like Flashpoint is going in a bizarre direction.

Over and above everything, Bale had his send-off with the character. Love or hate TDKRises, it puts a bow neatly around the Nolan trilogy and Bale's custodianship of the character. Namely, that Bale's Batman died in the nuclear blast. Bringing him back is just gilding the lily for that version of the character.

Meanwhile, Keaton never really got his swan song with the character. It makes a lot of sense to bring him back for an extended role in the film. And who knows, maybe that can serve as his big finale or maybe other appearances will follow. I'm open to either one.

We won't make these decisions, I know. But I'm not liking some of what I'm hearing right now.

I understand your concerns and share them. The only thing I can offer is that maybe these are just what they sound like, brief cameos, and the primary Batmen of the story are Affleck (who by accounts is not actually going to be in it that much, the impression I'm getting is he will bookend the film and likely die) and Keaton, who is in the primary 'alternate' universe we will visit.

But, knowing WB, they might just over stuff the movie, but here's hoping.

Keaton has finally commented on his return as Batman during an interview with Jimmy Kimmel. Be warned, the interview contains a lot of political talk. The Batman discussion begins at 4:16.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Wed, 21 Oct  2020, 12:46
Keaton has finally commented on his return as Batman during an interview with Jimmy Kimmel.
I guess? I watched a few minutes and he basically said "Can't talk about it".

It's been all these months and if they're still trying to make a deal... I mean, wtf is going on? What's Keaton asking for here, a gold-plated Ferrari?

Otoh, I guess it's possible that they have made a deal but he's under some NDA gag order until an official whoopty doo announcement is allowed.

I guess filmmaking is a lot harder in the coof era.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Wed, 21 Oct  2020, 12:46Be warned, the interview contains a lot of political talk. The Batman discussion begins at 4:16.
Thx for the tip, I skipped ahead to 4:16. This whole "orange man orange" bit from late night shows was "getting old" three years ago.

Be warned, the interview contains a lot of political talk. The Batman discussion begins at 4:16.
Thanks for the warning.

I'm okay with guarded responses about the project. It's early days. We know Keaton is back and we've seen the concept art. 

Keaton has finally commented on his return as Batman during an interview with Jimmy Kimmel. Be warned, the interview contains a lot of political talk. The Batman discussion begins at 4:16.

Wish they talked about it more, but I guess we'll get more once he's cemented as being Batman again. It's a shame its so political (granted his Instagram is too) but I think we need a break from all the politics...

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed, 21 Oct  2020, 17:00

It's been all these months and if they're still trying to make a deal... I mean, wtf is going on? What's Keaton asking for here, a gold-plated Ferrari?

Otoh, I guess it's possible that they have made a deal but he's under some NDA gag order until an official whoopty doo announcement is allowed.

I guess filmmaking is a lot harder in the coof era.

If Keaton is sincere, and a deal still hasn't been made yet despite Muschietti saying otherwise and the concept art's release, then it's another embarrassment for WB. If he doesn't star in The Flash at all then it's another PR disaster for the studio.

I'm already annoyed and concerned about the news of Toby Emmerich now having consolidated power of HBO Max's WarnerMax production, and this news is bothering me too. I can't see why he can't confirm anything yet. What's the hold up?
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Tue, 27 Oct  2020, 04:47
Saw this on my phones news feed https://www.small-screen.co.uk/exclusive-michael-keaton-signed-bruce-wayne-hbo-max-batman-series/

Assuming this is true, maybe this is why Keaton was so coy on Kimmel? Maybe he has a bigger role to play in his Batman comeback?

Like Affleck's HBO Max deal rumours, I'll only believe if it's officially confirmed. Fascinating rumours nonetheless.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

The news, apparently official, is that Keaton is coming back as the official DCEU Batman.

https://twitter.com/LightsCameraPod/status/1346185226410717186

Don't screw this up, WB. I can forgive many things. But not screwing up Keaton as Batman.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon,  4 Jan  2021, 21:46
The news, apparently official, is that Keaton is coming back as the official DCEU Batman.

https://twitter.com/LightsCameraPod/status/1346185226410717186

Don't screw this up, WB. I can forgive many things. But not screwing up Keaton as Batman.

Don't believe everything you read. Until there is an official announcement by all parties from WB to Keaton and Affleck, take this with a massive grain of salt. The scoop is just a journalist making a guess.