Michael Keaton in talks to return as Batman

Started by Silver Nemesis, Mon, 22 Jun 2020, 19:07

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm excited for it. Hell, bring Bale back for a cameo. Bring it on.

Multiverse, baby!

Keaton AND Affleck returning?! In the same movie?!

DC on film has made a stunning turnaround. It has really shined a light and made fans cope so much better, to what has been an otherwise terrible year for everything else in the world.

Unforgettable. Bring on the multiverse indeed.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Thu, 20 Aug 2020, 22:41 #122 Last Edit: Fri, 21 Aug 2020, 12:45 by Silver Nemesis
Affleck fans are getting at least two new Batfleck movies: JL Snyder Cut and The Flash. Furthermore, the introduction of the Multiverse means the door will be open for Ben to return at a later time if he chooses to. No bridges are being burned here. The JL Snyder Cut and Flash movie are almost certainly going to surpass Suicide Squad (2016) and the theatrical cut of Justice League in terms of quality, in which case the true Batfleck Trilogy should be:

•   Batman v Superman
•   Justice League: Snyder Cut
•   The Flash

Keaton fans are getting at least one new Bat-Keaton film for the first time since 1992, with a very high probability of more to come. Again, I'd point out that the mysterious 'Beyond Batman' panel is scheduled for immediately after The Flash panel on Saturday.

If they confirm the Batman Beyond film is happening with Keaton... Oh boy.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Thu, 20 Aug  2020, 22:07
Keaton AND Affleck returning?! In the same movie?!

DC on film has made a stunning turnaround. It has really shined a light and made fans cope so much better, to what has been an otherwise terrible year for everything else in the world.

Unforgettable. Bring on the multiverse indeed.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Official concept art from The Flash FanDome panel.

Looks like the 1989 chest emblem.

Nah, that's the B89 suit. Look at the emblem, and it doesn't have that BR armor on the abs.

Keaton back in the suit, wearing a costume very reminiscent of what we know and love, CONFIRMED. And he'll be fighting. Logical to assume the guy has been fighting crime non stop for 30 years or more. How badass is that?

The concept art also confirms that he'll be wearing a traditional batsuit rather than Kingdom Come-style mech armour. This is exactly the sort of costume I was hoping he'd wear in The Flash. It looks perfect.

I'd love to see Keaton wear a mech suit in a future Justice League or Batman Beyond film, but they should save that for when he's too old to wear a more traditional costume. They can create the mech armour with digital effects and it would only require a few close-up shots of Keaton's face. For as long as he's still fit enough to don the classic cape and cowl, it makes sense to stick with the traditional iconic look.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sat, 22 Aug  2020, 21:00
The concept art also confirms that he'll be wearing a traditional batsuit rather than Kingdom Come-style mech armour. This is exactly the sort of costume I was hoping he'd wear in The Flash. It looks perfect.

I'd love to see Keaton wear a mech suit in a future Justice League or Batman Beyond film, but they should save that for when he's too old to wear a more traditional costume. They can create the mech armour with digital effects and it would only require a few close-up shots of Keaton's face. For as long as he's still fit enough to don the classic cape and cowl, it makes sense to stick with the traditional iconic look.
Do you think they actually plan on using the 89 suit, or is this just something they're strictly using for concept art? I think it might be the latter.

I don't think this art necessarily reflects exactly what the final suit will look like, but it does give us an idea of the sort of designs they're contemplating. I expect the finished suit will be reasonably close to this – basically an improved version of the 1989 costume, perhaps incorporating elements (specifically the cowl) of the Returns suit.