Raf Grassetti's Character Designs

Started by Silver Nemesis, Wed, 25 Mar 2020, 11:58

Previous topic - Next topic
So I guess that was Joker and not Batman.

Is he going to do Batman and Robin...maybe even do Batman Beyond? These all look really good.

Quote from: Travesty on Sat, 18 Apr  2020, 14:18
Based on Raf's final plan, Batman will be placed below the Joker.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 19 Apr  2020, 00:59
Quote from: Travesty on Sat, 18 Apr  2020, 14:18
Based on Raf's final plan, Batman will be placed below the Joker.
I consider this entire project a bit of a testimony to how powerful those original Timm designs really were. I get the idea that Timm looks down his nose a little bit at those OG character designs he developed. Doesn't dislike them but he prefers the later designs. I might be wrong but that's the vibe I get off him.

And yet, those amazingly powerful CGI creations ooze atmosphere and character. I so desperately want a BTAS CGI animated show or film or something based on those designs. Amazing work.

I think a standalone BTAS movie (which could lend itself to sequels later on) like Into The Spider-Verse, in the computer generated style of the Arkham trailers/cinematics, would be the way to go. It would be incredible. Really go all out with the expensive computer modelling and make it a special event. I binge watched Beware The Batman, which is an underrated show, and the animation style is an acquired taste. I didn't have a problem with it, but prefer the warmth of traditional animation in the context of an ongoing cartoon series.

Right now, I'd rather the ongoing BTAS series remain a cartoon.

Finally, here is the star of the show.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei