Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2021)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Sun, 21 Jul 2019, 16:14

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sat, 13 Nov  2021, 02:21Throughout the past week, #ReleaseTheRaimiCut was trending a little bit on social media due to demands to get the director's cut of Spider-Man 3 released.
Is there some significant difference between the director's cut of Spider-Man 3 and the editor's cut that's already been released?

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat, 13 Nov  2021, 19:04
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sat, 13 Nov  2021, 02:21Throughout the past week, #ReleaseTheRaimiCut was trending a little bit on social media due to demands to get the director's cut of Spider-Man 3 released.
Is there some significant difference between the director's cut of Spider-Man 3 and the editor's cut that's already been released?

Honestly, I wasn't even aware there was an editor's cut until you mentioned it. I gotta watch it as soon as I can.

All I can find about more unseen footage from Spider-Man 3 was this long list on Twitter. A lot of people online have been sharing this to justify calls for the Raimi cut:
https://twitter.com/WilliamD1123/status/1000839194137251842

The one detail that grabs my attention was Eddie Brock's remains bonding with the Symbiote in the end. It must've been cut to save running time, because it wouldn't make sense if the studio thought such imagery was too macabre for Spider-Man films. Let's not forget how Green Goblin turned members of the Oscorp board into bones during the first film.

https://twitter.com/RaimiCut/status/1458863125701214216

If Spider-Man 3 won't maintain calls for a Raimi cut then Doctor Strange 2 will.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I've been hearing about reshoots. The reason is two fold if you believe the rumors. 1. More cameos from back issue universes. 2. Test audiences can't stand the Scarlet Witch because despite a demonic possession excuse, no one wants to empathize with a villain that the storyline (for the second time, hello Wandavision) can't seem to recognize as a villain and lets completely off the hook. She literally breaks Patrick Stewart's back apparently. And they thought no one would care. 

Sat, 18 Dec 2021, 17:44 #23 Last Edit: Sat, 18 Dec 2021, 23:25 by thecolorsblend
Quote from: Gotham Knight on Sat, 18 Dec  2021, 16:55She literally breaks Patrick Stewart's back apparently.
? ? ?

Didn't know he was in the movie.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Sat, 18 Dec  2021, 16:55
I've been hearing about reshoots. The reason is two fold if you believe the rumors. 1. More cameos from back issue universes. 2. Test audiences can't stand the Scarlet Witch because despite a demonic possession excuse, no one wants to empathize with a villain that the storyline (for the second time, hello Wandavision) can't seem to recognize as a villain and lets completely off the hook. She literally breaks Patrick Stewart's back apparently. And they thought no one would care.
What a nightmare. I feel sorry for Raimi. When such extensive reshoots are ordered the movie's integrity is gone, regardless if it's for better or worse. For someone who had been away from the genre for a sustained period of time, he may be questioning why he even came back at all.

One major spoiler I've mentioned before is confirmed.

This teaser was also released a month ago.

I got to say, in spite of initial skepticism, the film does look good. It will probably still have that dopey MCU humour, but these previews are selling the movie quite well. I suppose the Illuminati will make an appearance, judging by Professor X's voice?

At this stage, Marvel is beating DC at their own game, if you put aside the rumours of killing off the original X-Men.

I even heard a crazy rumour Ben Affleck was reprising his Daredevil role. I don't think it's true, but can you imagine?
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I find I'm very open to the idea of Tom Cruise as an alt Tony Stark. That sounds like it has a ton of potential, in fact.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue, 15 Feb  2022, 02:14
I find I'm very open to the idea of Tom Cruise as an alt Tony Stark. That sounds like it has a ton of potential, in fact.

I remember reading the production history of the first Iron Man film and how Cruise was expected to play Tony Stark back in the late Nineties, and how his likeness was modeled in the comics. He was Marvel's first choice before Downey got the role.

I'm not the biggest Tom Cruise fan because of his annoying love for Scientology, but yes, he is suits the role of Stark.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue, 15 Feb  2022, 02:14
I recently put down my Glock, razor blades and vodka to watch Cruise's more contemporary films outside Mission Impossible - a run of films that I credit with reinvigorating the genre in a huge way. They have a tone that first excited me about spy films as a young kid - a perfect balance of tension without sacrificing vibrancy. With two more of them coming, I think they'll be his enduring legacy, being a vehicle to showcase his various talents including the stunt work.

But again - I rate most of his overall resume. Collateral, Minority Report and Edge of Tomorrow are fantastic films in terms of concept and acting. I rate his War of the Worlds movie quite highly to be honest. And while Jack Reacher isn't Mission Impossible, I still appreciate the commitment to action films and a differentiation from what we expect with Ethan Hunt. I respect Cruise as a movie star. That's what he is, and very few people can call themselves that. He elevates any movie he's in. That would apply to any MCU character.