Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2021)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Sun, 21 Jul 2019, 16:14

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Thu,  6 Feb  2020, 04:05
I also want to believe that Raimi will be allowed to be Raimi.

But tbh, I don't see why Marvel would treat him any better than any of their other former directors. They told Kenneth freaking Branaugh to take a hike. He's not a no name, no talent director. He's got a pretty impressive filmography as a director and is respected in the industry. If he got pushed around, there's probably no reason to hope that Raimi will somehow be an exception.

Kenneth Branagh...oh man, I wish I could've seen his vision of Marvel's Cosmic Universe instead of James f***ing Gunn. Branagh's Thor film remains one of the most visually stunning MCU films, in my opinion.

As for Raimi, I do find it difficult to believe he'd want to work in an environment where he wouldn't have much creative control. If he didn't like being forced to use Venom in Spider-Man 3, then why would he want to direct for a studio that has become so producer driven? My only guess he's only after the paycheck; after all, I don't think he has directed anything in seven years.

I think Raimi directing an MCU fit would've been a better fit in the MCU Phase One era. Back then, I believed his Spider-Man could've coexisted with the Avengers. His sensibilities did fit better with the tone and balance of that era. I would've been an even more excited about that prospect if this happened all those years ago.

But in this current period of time? I'm afraid to say I simply don't care.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Raimi's confirmed he's on board ;D:

Quote"I loved Doctor Strange as a kid, but he was always after Spider-Man and Batman for me, he was probably at number five for me of great comic book characters," Raimi described. "He was so original, but when we had that moment in Spider-Man 2 I had no idea that we would ever be making a Doctor Strange movie, so it was really funny to me that coincidentally that line was in the movie. I gotta say I wish we had the foresight to know that I was going to be involved in the project."
https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1131363-exclusive-sam-raimi-on-coincidental-spider-man-2-doctor-strange-reference

I can't figure out if right now is the best possible time for Raimi to join the MCU or the worst possible time. But I'm willing to give this a chance. Raimi isn't some fly by night filmmaker. He's a serious director and he wants to do his best work. Hiring Raimi means hiring everything he represents. And I suppose he remembers only too well the lessons of Spider-Man 3. Now, I enjoy Spider-Man 3. But I suspect he had a very different experience with it.

For those reasons, I want to believe that Raimi will be allowed to do his thing and not get messed with too much. I'll give this a day in court. Raimi is probably the only person who could capture my interest in a Doctor Strange sequel. Well played, Marvel. Well played.

Danny Elfman has confirmed he's scoring the film.

Quote"I am starting to do bits of pre-work for Doctor Strange 2 that Sam Raimi's directing," Elfman tells Inverse. "Even though I don't start it for some months, there's bits of recorded music they need for the sets."
https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/danny-elfman-doctor-strange-2-multiverse-of-madness-score-music?utm_campaign=inverse&utm_content=1613624673&utm_medium=owned&utm_source=twitter

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Thu, 18 Feb  2021, 15:29

Quote"I am starting to do bits of pre-work for Doctor Strange 2 that Sam Raimi's directing," Elfman tells Inverse. "Even though I don't start it for some months, there's bits of recorded music they need for the sets."
https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/danny-elfman-doctor-strange-2-multiverse-of-madness-score-music?utm_campaign=inverse&utm_content=1613624673&utm_medium=owned&utm_source=twitter
Was I out taking a leak or something when Raimi and Elfman buried the hatchet? Good news is good news, don't get me wrong. I just wasn't expecting this.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Thu, 18 Feb  2021, 20:46
Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Thu, 18 Feb  2021, 15:29

Was I out taking a leak or something when Raimi and Elfman buried the hatchet? Good news is good news, don't get me wrong. I just wasn't expecting this.
They buried the hatchet on Oz the Great and Powerful.

This rumor has been around for a bit but recently the more reliable scoopers have asserted that one of the multiverses seen in this picture will be the Fox X-Men's and apparently Scarlet Witch is basically going to take a massive dump on those characters. Apparently Hugh Jackman was asked to do the honors and be obliterated by her in a fight (no seriously) and unsurprisingly he chose let Logan remain retired. Charles Xavier will be in it, but I'm unsure who they've got in the role. I think it is Stewart. There will be another X-character slotted into Logan's spot.

I guess the piss take in Wandavision wasn't a good natured ribbing They have it out for the X-Men and intend to defecate upon their grave. I know everybody here has differing opinions about those films. I love them and don't want to be the guy who's knee jerks, but I'm more than a tad anxious about. I hope I'm just being an alarmist, but Wandavision irked me on that score.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Thu, 26 Aug  2021, 21:02
This rumor has been around for a bit but recently the more reliable scoopers have asserted that one of the multiverses seen in this picture will be the Fox X-Men's and apparently Scarlet Witch is basically going to take a massive dump on those characters. Apparently Hugh Jackman was asked to do the honors and be obliterated by her in a fight (no seriously) and unsurprisingly he chose let Logan remain retired. Charles Xavier will be in it, but I'm unsure who they've got in the role. I think it is Stewart. There will be another X-character slotted into Logan's spot.

I guess the piss take in Wandavision wasn't a good natured ribbing They have it out for the X-Men and intend to defecate upon their grave. I know everybody here has differing opinions about those films. I love them and don't want to be the guy who's knee jerks, but I'm more than a tad anxious about. I hope I'm just being an alarmist, but Wandavision irked me on that score.

Now you know how Snyderverse fans feel about The Flash and how it might erase the timeline.

I lost interest in Fox's X-Men movies a long time ago, but if this is true then that's incredibly petty and rather pathetic on Disney/Marvel's part. But it's not that surprising, I remember hearing about Marvel Comics had stopped publishing Fantastic Four several years ago, and one comic mocked the 2015 reboot. Whether the Trank movie was a trainwreck or not is besides the point. They did this because of an ongoing dispute they had with Fox at the time.

Judging by how overblown the vast majority of MCU's output is nowadays, they are in NO position to take a dump on anyone.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Thu, 26 Aug  2021, 21:02

I'm sure the mouseketeers will relish this.

Course, if this is true, then this speaks volumes. Putting something or someone else down, just to prop yourself up?

pfft!  ::)

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

'Doctor Strange' Sequel Undergoing "Significant" Reshoots

This doctor is on call till Christmas as the actors and crew shoot six days a week until the end of the year.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/doctor-strange-multiverse-madness-reshoots-1235045328/

Throughout the past week, #ReleaseTheRaimiCut was trending a little bit on social media due to demands to get the director's cut of Spider-Man 3 released. Now, I predict the hashtag will also be synonymous with support for Raimi's vision for Doctor Strange 2. I'd very surprised if we don't see a ZSJL type of scenario here.