Photoshopping the Joker in Batman Returns

Started by The Laughing Fish, Sat, 1 Jun 2019, 03:50

Previous topic - Next topic
I got bored, so I decided to experiment with Photoshop to cut out one of those Joker photos taken by Herb Ritts, and put Jack in between Penguin and Batman.

It could've been better. I'm happy with how some of the shadows turned out, but I just couldn't get the inner shadows to reflect on Joker's face realistically, so I gave up.

So...yeah. I did this because I thought it would be fun to imagine what if the Joker had lived and how he might've reacted to seeing Catwoman.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I like the idea. How about putting Catwoman and Joker in the same picture?

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Mon,  3 Jun  2019, 13:22

"I'm no Picasso, but do you like it?" ;)
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Tue,  4 Jun  2019, 16:00
Quote from: Edd Grayson on Mon,  3 Jun  2019, 13:22

"I'm no Picasso, but do you like it?" ;)

"I don't know if it's art, but I like it!"  ;D

Quote"I'm no Picasso, but do you like it?" ;)

"I don't know if it's art, but I like it!"  ;D

Haha!

Quote from: Laughing FishI did this because I thought it would be fun to imagine what if the Joker had lived and how he might've reacted to seeing Catwoman.

"Jesus Marimba! A lovely beast like that running around ... can put steam in a man's strides."

Given Nicholson's Joker proclivity towards "works of art/living works of art", I'm sure he would have definite interest in Pfieffer's Catwoman once he became aware of her. I wouldn't doubt it would be the whole Catwoman/Penguin thing all over again, where the Joker is clearly enticed, in contrast to Catwoman being anything but.

I've wondered what the Joker would have thought about the Penguin as well. I'm confident that he would have thought the once reported, "Hideous Penguin Man of the Sewers" as a media darling, and favorite for being the Mayor, being absolutely hysterical. Even if provided the opportunity to assassinate the Penguin, he probably would give him the Francis Bacon "Figure with Meat" painting pass.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Wed, 19 Jun 2019, 14:07 #5 Last Edit: Thu, 20 Jun 2019, 13:37 by The Laughing Fish
Quote from: The Joker on Wed, 19 Jun  2019, 02:47
"Jesus Marimba! A lovely beast like that running around ... can put steam in a man's strides."

I thought you came up an original line there, but then I remembered that's exactly what the Joker said about Vicki in B89.  :D

Given Nicholson's Joker proclivity towards "works of art/living works of art", I'm sure he would have definite interest in Pfieffer's Catwoman once he became aware of her. I wouldn't doubt it would be the whole Catwoman/Penguin thing all over again, where the Joker is clearly enticed, in contrast to Catwoman being anything but.

It would've made an amusing love triangle, much to Catwoman's chagrin. I can only imagine the Penguin's jealousy as he watches the Joker trying to impress Catwoman.  ;D

But without the Penguin in the picture, the Joker looks like he is threatening her. Like the Penguin, he probably would've gotten sick of her and try to dispose of her. Which is quite consistent with his character because of what we saw how he treated Vicki in the end.

I've wondered what the Joker would have thought about the Penguin as well. I'm confident that he would have thought the once reported, "Hideous Penguin Man of the Sewers" as a media darling, and favorite for being the Mayor, being absolutely hysterical. Even if provided the opportunity to assassinate the Penguin, he probably would give him the Francis Bacon "Figure with Meat" painting pass.

I can imagine him joining forces with Penguin and Catwoman to screw Batman over, but with a twist: he double-crosses Cobblepot by sabotaging his mayoral aspirations before Bruce does, just for a laugh and make things further complicated. As if saying "you should thank me Batsy, not only have I killed your folks that made you who you are - I also took care of that Cobblepot freak for you!"  ;D

Speaking of Batsy, this picture doesn't make much sense but I edited it for my own amusement.

Cool pictures.

Yeah, a Joker/Penguin alliance would bring up all kinds of interesting/amusing scenarios.

Imagine how uncomfortable the Joker goons would get having to mingle with the outcasts of Oswald's Red Triangle Circus Gang. It could get even more humorous if you throw in the penguins, and the monkey.  ;D

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Good stuff. Can't help but wonder how Catwoman would have responded to the slightest bit of aggression from The Joker, based off that one picture. I do like the one of them together with Penguin feeling left out of the action.

Thu, 20 Jun 2019, 13:32 #8 Last Edit: Thu, 20 Jun 2019, 14:03 by The Laughing Fish
Cheers, Joker and Batmobile14. 

Got bored again and thought about how the Joker would've enjoyed watching the Shreck department store blowing up.