Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Tue, 5 Feb 2019, 17:40

Previous topic - Next topic

"Not us".

And not me either. If somebody else buys my ticket, I guess I'll see Endgame. But short of that, I don't really care about seeing it. Come to that, I don't really care about Marvel anymore.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue,  5 Feb  2019, 20:58
"Not us".

And not me either. If somebody else buys my ticket, I guess I'll see Endgame. But short of that, I don't really care about seeing it. Come to that, I don't really care about Marvel anymore.
I'm getting to that point as well even beyond the MCU. I skipped Ant-Man 2, Venom, Aquaman, and I don't have any desire to see Captain Marvel. I'll see this, but after that idk.

Okay, so hmm. I may be waaaaaaay overthinking this. But man, that works on a lot of levels. Norse god vs. generic devil. Pagan god vs. devout Catholic.

Oh man, I'd probably be stoked bigly for Endgame if the scene played out this way.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed, 27 Mar  2019, 02:39
Okay, so hmm. I may be waaaaaaay overthinking this. But man, that works on a lot of levels. Norse god vs. generic devil. Pagan god vs. devout Catholic.

Oh man, I'd probably be stoked bigly for Endgame if the scene played out this way.

No, I'm quite glad Charlie Cox's Daredevil has nothing to do with MCU by the way Phase 3 has been going. He'd either get short-changed with limited screentime, or worse, turned into a cartoonish parody like Thor, Spider-Man and Hulk in an effort to bring in some "fun".
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

There is this retarded fan theory going on that Ant-Man is going to crawl up Thanos's ass and kill him by transforming into Giant Man, from the inside. So what does Josh Brolin do to promote the new Avengers movie? He posts this idiotic video on Instagram (kinda NSFW):

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvkbvZSAFq9/

And what do I see from the mainstream clickbait media's reaction? They're actually supporting how this childish theory "can work".

You know, I'm having a hard time in deciding which is the worst thing both the media and audiences alike have done: playing a part in derailing the original plans the DCEU was going for, or the dumbing down the MCU to appeal to the lowest common denominator?
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sat, 30 Mar  2019, 10:29
There is this retarded fan theory going on that Ant-Man is going to crawl up Thanos's ass and kill him by transforming into Giant Man, from the inside. So what does Josh Brolin do to promote the new Avengers movie? He posts this idiotic video on Instagram (kinda NSFW):

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvkbvZSAFq9/

And what do I see from the mainstream clickbait media's reaction? They're actually supporting how this childish theory "can work".

You know, I'm having a hard time in deciding which is the worst thing both the media and audiences alike have done: playing a part in derailing the original plans the DCEU was going for, or the dumbing down the MCU to appeal to the lowest common denominator?

After reading how the MCU's Nick Fury loses his eye in Captain Marvel, I am not the least bit surprised that idea is getting support.

I openly tell friends/co-workers who just absolutely adore the MCU that I am looking more forward to Godzilla King of the Monsters than Avengers Endgame. Course they usually look at me like I'm absolutely nuts, but it is what it is.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Sat, 13 Apr  2019, 07:23
After reading how the MCU's Nick Fury loses his eye in Captain Marvel, I am not the least bit surprised that idea is getting support.

Yeah, I saw a leaked clip of that scene you're talking about. So much for Fury telling Cap in The Winter Soldier he lost an eye the last time he trusted someone. I thought it was going to be more profound than what actually happened. This is just more retroactive nonsense that's as dumb as supposedly making that little kid wearing the Iron Man mask who Tony saved in IM2 as canon. ::)

But you know what's funny? There are people trying to spin this by arguing it works in Fury's character because he is a cunning liar who manipulates things to make a point. Yeah, well, lying about Coulson may have made sense to inspire the Avengers to unite in 2012, but trying to justify what happens in CM comes across as mental gymnastics to me.

Quote from: The Joker on Sat, 13 Apr  2019, 07:23
I openly tell friends/co-workers who just absolutely adore the MCU that I am looking more forward to Godzilla King of the Monsters than Avengers Endgame. Course they usually look at me like I'm absolutely nuts, but it is what it is.

I always tell people the only Avengers movie I liked and still holds up was the first one, and the rest sucked. That always shuts them up.

I remember when I watched Infinity War last year, I was in a packed theater where the crowd was laughing at every stupid joke on screen...and, get this, applauded when the movie ended. That was the first time I ever heard an applause at that movie, and my thought was "you're going to clap your hands at this piece of sh*t?!". I still stand by my point, MCU nowadays appeals to the lowest common denominator.

It was a very frustrating movie experience. I still haven't been to the theater ever since.