Joker in Batman Returns

Started by Sandman, Sat, 13 Sep 2008, 01:20

Previous topic - Next topic
This is somthing that's always interested me Jack Nicholson got paid for staring in both Batman and Returns but as we all know died in Batman.

And also originaly the character of Max Shreck was not going to be a corrupt businessman but the DA(hint hint) and was not going to die from the explosion at the end only be scared.

So what do you think Retruns would have been like had it had Joker and Two-face?

Nicholson got paid for Returns?

They could've had Joker's corpse resusitated via witchcraft, with zombie Joker the lead villain. Batman then proceeds to kill him again.  ;D

i believe the original idea was to have the jokers twin brother show up and act like him.

QuoteThey could've had Joker's corpse resusitated via witchcraft
A la' weekend at burnies 2

Quotei believe the original idea was to have the jokers twin brother show up and act like him.

I heard somthing like that but it wasn't going to be a twin brother but instead be a crazed fan of The Joker that trys to mimik him.

Was it not part of the same deal it struck with B89 - he recieved a percentage of gross earnings?

Quote from: raleagh on Sat, 13 Sep  2008, 09:20
Was it not part of the same deal it struck with B89 - he recieved a percentage of gross earnings?

That's what I heard

Yeah, part of Nicholsons deal was that if there was ever a sequel he would get a percentage of the gross.

I did read that Sam Hamm's original script/idea had it continuing from Batman and the Joker's body disappearing from the morgue. The Joker would not be in Batman 2, but it would go into a bit about Jack Napier and who he was and his background - as a sub plot.

I did also hear that Shreiks character was originally Harvey Dent.

Also when Shreik was introduced he was to be Oswald Cobblepots brother!