Cobra Kai

Started by Silver Nemesis, Tue, 6 Mar 2018, 17:29

Previous topic - Next topic
I have to say, all these years later and the Karate Kid franchise is riding on a gravy train with biscuit wheels. Wouldn't have predicted this even a few years ago. But the affection people still have for this material combined with the story potential it obviously still has (and is exploring) is truly impressive.

From such humble beginnings...

Some sad news. Rob Garrison, who played Tommy in the Karate Kid films and Cobra Kai season 2, has died from cancer at the age of 59.

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/rob-garrison-dies-dead-karate-kid-1203352113/

I had no idea he was sick in real life. This makes his final scenes in CK season 2 all the more poignant.

The campfire stuff was the first thing I thought about too. So sad. I also had no idea he was sick irl. Prayers for him and his family.

R.I.P.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

We're getting a physical media release of Seasons 1 & 2.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Thu,  3 Oct  2019, 01:18

We're getting a physical media release of Seasons 1 & 2.

Now that's... interesting. A bit unexpected, really. Guess I thought the market for physical media had evaporated so much that there'd be no real demand for something like this.

But hey...

A quality interview with Sean "Mike Barnes" Kanan. Discussing how he got the role of Mike Barnes in Karate Kid III, behind the scenes stories, his serious injury that resulted in surgery and a hospital stay, and what he thinks happened to Mike Barnes.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Mon, 22 Jun  2020, 20:43
Cobra Kai is moving to Netflix: https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/cobra-kai-netflix-season-3-1234644542/
I'm fine with that. I was getting tired of creating new Google accounts for free trials of YouTube Red or whatever it's called these days.

There's a very brief preview of season 3 right at the end of this vid.