Trivia Thread

Started by Paul (ral), Sun, 7 Sep 2008, 11:42

Previous topic - Next topic
Fri, 21 Nov 2008, 17:04 #20 Last Edit: Sun, 23 Nov 2008, 01:33 by batass4880
Yes, it's a painting but there appears to be "real" exhaust coming from the buildings. I didn't realize there's a painting of the exhaust as well as the smoke effect to make it look real. That's if you zoom-in, but don't pause it. Let it roll and you should see what I'm talking about. BTW, thanks for the shot raleagh. It's one of my favorites!

Quote from: batass4880 on Fri, 21 Nov  2008, 17:04
BTW, thanks for the shot raleagh. It's one of my favorites!

Here is an "enriched" one

Fri, 21 Nov 2008, 22:34 #22 Last Edit: Sat, 22 Nov 2008, 21:33 by Batman
Yeah, the exhaust smoke in the farthest building is animated. It's a nice detail in line with the lights in one of the windows in the first Gotham Square shot being turned on.
Both things I probably didn't notice prior to watching the SE DVD.

Now that raleagh posted those shots above, I never noticed there are two people standing on the balcony above the entrance to Gotham City Hall.

Yeah, I haven't realized that either 'til now. COOL!!

The city hall painting looks real but they probably should've used a model for the building in the back. It's still really impressive though.

Hey raleagh, can you post another shot with a line through it? :D This time, the city hall with the bridge in the back and the central station next to it.

Quote from: batass4880 on Sat, 22 Nov  2008, 00:54
Hey raleagh, can you post another shot with a line through it? :D This time, the city hall with the bridge in the back and the central station next to it.

When does that happen in the film?

Sat, 22 Nov 2008, 01:14 #25 Last Edit: Sun, 23 Nov 2008, 01:38 by batass4880
It's the establishing shot right before the mayor goes on TV to announce that the anniversary festival is being canceled.

That is so awesome! Thanks again!!! ;)

I don't remember even noticing the backgrounds as paintings when I first watched those movies, but of course, it's mentioned a lot in the making of books!  ;) I remember now just how much of the city is made up of paintings. It's a clever effect too. I'd be interested to hear from anyone who knows exactly how the Batwing sequence was done in the first movie (cloud, moon etc...)?

www.batmanslair.proboards.com

I thought I upload the article that explains that scene in detail - but obviously i didn't.

I will get it asap - I can tell you the clouds were cotton wool.