Trivia Thread

Started by Paul (ral), Sun, 7 Sep 2008, 11:42

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon, 29 Dec  2008, 23:31
I didn't know it went overbudget... but if it did, my guess would be that it was so disorganized with writing happening on the set, which likely delayed competion of it.

As for the two proposed B&R follow ups, only the DarKnight thing kinda interested me.  Batman Triumphant always seemed to fanboy'ish to me.  DK sounded kind of interesting though.
We habe been agreeing more and more lately, feels kinda good! I did know that the cathedral scene put them over budget im pretty sure it was in the SE extras for 89, alot of the idea for the dancing and all of that style of stuff came from when shooting NIcholson and a few of the crew and production went to see Phantom of the Opera, and said they should have that kind of thing in the film, luckily they decided to do so, because thats one of the best parts of the film!

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Tue, 30 Dec 2008, 17:15 #41 Last Edit: Tue, 30 Dec 2008, 20:22 by batass4880
I've also heard about Jon Peters seeing POTO and wanting Vicky to go up the tower, but I also heard that an additional 30-foot(or something like that) model of the church had to be built because of the rewrite. I'm starting to think that maybe the cathedral wasn't supposed to be as tall as it ended up being in the final film.

Quote from: DarkVengeance on Tue, 30 Dec  2008, 05:32We habe been agreeing more and more lately, feels kinda good!
That's generally the reaction I've come to expect.  People usually feel so happy and excited when they find out that their thinking falls into line with my wisdom.  This is the sort of thing that will probably expand with time.  Before you know it, your opinions will be nigh indistinguishable from mine.

You're welcome.

QuoteI did know that the cathedral scene put them over budget im pretty sure it was in the SE extras for 89, alot of the idea for the dancing and all of that style of stuff came from when shooting NIcholson and a few of the crew and production went to see Phantom of the Opera, and said they should have that kind of thing in the film, luckily they decided to do so, because thats one of the best parts of the film!
The POTO stuff was a clear influence but I didn't know it was so recent for the filmmakers.  Interesting.

I think I answered my own question:

Batman steps in Joker's direction.  From out of the dark-
        ness Joker swings a huge BELL which SMASHES INTO BATMAN.
        He is knocked over backwards out onto the parapet, he
        nearly falls over the edge.

BATMAN'S POV OF GROUND ZERO - NIGHT

A frightening view thirty stories down toward death.

EXT. CATHEDRAL - NIGHT
http://www.dailyscript.com/scripts/batman_production.html

How high would you say the belfry was in the movie? It looks a hell of alot higher than 30-stories!