Trivia Thread

Started by Paul (ral), Sun, 7 Sep 2008, 11:42

Previous topic - Next topic
When the Penguin said "...turns eagle scouts into crazed clowns!" was this a reference to the Joker or the RTC gang? I have been trying to figure this out forever!!!

This has been talked about for awhile now, I think he means the RTC gang because The Joker was never really an "eagle scout".

Yeah, I thought it was a Joker reference initially, but it is a Red Triangle Circus Gang thing.

Thu, 23 Oct 2008, 20:00 #13 Last Edit: Thu, 23 Oct 2008, 20:24 by Darrell Kaiser
QuoteThe tourists at the start "Harold!" were actual married couple Garrick Hagon and Liza Ross.  Garrick Hagon also played Biggs Darklighter, friend of Luke Skywalker, in Star Wars.
I was not aware of that. Was that also their kid?

QuoteMichael Keaton's salary for Batman was $5,000,000.
Are you sure that wasn't his salary for Batman Returns?

QuoteAt the very beginning of the movie when the father tourist says "I know where we are!" and they walk into that alley, there is a Pepsi can on the right hand part of the screen. It is in the cut when you see that bum/wino harassing that woman, if I remember correctly. I noticed this when I watched the movie on my CPU monitor. This was obviously a mistake considering that there was to be no product placement in a film that is supposed to be timeless, not to mention that there was a promotion with Coca-Cola for the film.
I can't see it. I think we need a screencap. I think that's funny because Superman IV had a deal with Pepsi. Maybe they were suppost to do Batman, but decided pulled out due to the lackluster response of Superman.

Here's my trivia:
Batman Returns was originally suppost to have a song by R.E.M.

QuoteAre you sure that wasn't his salary for Batman Returns?

Could have but im sure i read it was Batman i'll have to check again.

QuoteBatman Returns was originally suppost to have a song by R.E.M.

REALLY! that would have been awesome, What happened didn't they like the movie or somthing?.

Fri, 24 Oct 2008, 02:46 #15 Last Edit: Fri, 24 Oct 2008, 02:53 by batass4880
Quote from: Darrell Kaiser on Thu, 23 Oct  2008, 20:00
I can't see it. I think we need a screencap. I think that's funny because Superman IV had a deal with Pepsi. Maybe they were suppost to do Batman, but decided pulled out due to the lackluster response of Superman.

If you haven't already, try to watch it on your computer and make sure it is the widescreen version.

If you haven't already, try to watch it on your computer and make sure it is the widescreen version.
I saw it on my widescreen television. Good eye there, batass.

Fri, 21 Nov 2008, 04:19 #17 Last Edit: Fri, 21 Nov 2008, 04:21 by batass4880
At the establishing shots of the City Hall section, right after the A-1 nutboy scene and when the mayor announces the anniversary festival is being canceled, zoom-in on the buildings in the background that are omitting exhaust. You'll see that it is a painting of smoke with some real-time effects matted on, just in case you haven't noticed.

Quote from: batass4880 on Fri, 21 Nov  2008, 04:19
At the establishing shots of the City Hall section, right after the A-1 nutboy scene and when the mayor announces the anniversary festival is being canceled, zoom-in on the buildings in the background that are omitting exhaust. You'll see that it is a painting of smoke with some real-time effects matted on, just in case you haven't noticed.
thats a really cool tid bit you noticed there batass!

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Fri, 21 Nov 2008, 14:42 #19 Last Edit: Fri, 21 Nov 2008, 21:01 by raleagh
Quote from: batass4880 on Fri, 21 Nov  2008, 04:19

Isn't everything above the yellow line in this picture a painting?  ;)