Theatre showings...

Started by Cocoboloboy, Fri, 5 Sep 2008, 15:53

Previous topic - Next topic
I would give anything to see 89 in the theaters again as an adult!

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quote from: DarkVengeance on Sun,  5 Oct  2008, 02:30
I would give anything to see 89 in the theaters again as an adult!

I was 13 when I saw it in '89. I'd love to see it in a theater as an adult too.

I was five and to this day it is one of my top 5 experiences of my entire life so far.

You dont get out much, do you?

Quote from: Joker81 on Fri, 10 Oct  2008, 22:18
You dont get out much, do you?
Actually I do quite a bit not that you care or anything, sounds like someones trying to be clever but the comebacks sound like they're from a 12 year old girl.

Im sorry you cant handle people not agreeing with your one sided opinion! ;)

I saw it in '89 at my local cinema which had a huge screen, I was 16, it absolutely blew me away, I would love to see it on a big screen again, one of my top cinema experiences too.

Quote from: dk2732 on Tue, 14 Oct  2008, 08:24
I saw it in '89 at my local cinema which had a huge screen, I was 16, it absolutely blew me away, I would love to see it on a big screen again, one of my top cinema experiences too.
That makes me miss the old days!!!

i am a union projectionist in manhattan - we get films on occasion that are alot older than the 89 film so there are 35mm prints out there that can be run of the 1st film - most theaters still use 35mm - the biggest in ny only has 2 out of it's 25 screens as all digital which yes are sent over on a hard drive and downloaded onto the projector - the rest is all film

wish i had a 35mm print of the 1st movie - i could run it after hours no problem - the other option is that the commercials shown beforehand these days are through a separate smaller digital projector and you can hook up a dvd player to that and watch anything at all

i do run the trailers i bought on ebay of the 1st 2 films in 35mm sometimes - someone find us the whole movie on 35mm and get it to nyc!

Thu, 23 Oct 2008, 04:33 #39 Last Edit: Thu, 23 Oct 2008, 04:48 by batass4880
Hey WingedFreak71, how did you get to meet Mr. Kilmer?