Theatre showings...

Started by Cocoboloboy, Fri, 5 Sep 2008, 15:53

Previous topic - Next topic
I desperately want to see these two films on the big screen. I can imagine it being an amazing experience.

Definitely. When I first saw Returns at the theater, it was freezing cold due to the air conditioning which made the Penguin's lair feel even colder!

I have heard other people say this. It'd be just like being there!

Another great theatrical experience is to see B89 in October on a cold and wet night like I did. When you walk out of the theater it feels like you never left Gotham!

The best I can get to that is my television set, and that is not as good by a long shot.  :-\

Ive seen every batman film on the big screen atleast once since I was 5, but I sure would like to see them again!

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

I wonder if I hound the local theater enough that they would make sure to show it. I don't know what it takes to be able to replay a 20year old movie in theaters, especially now that everything is going digital.

Quote from: Cocoboloboy on Sat,  4 Oct  2008, 03:51
I wonder if I hound the local theater enough that they would make sure to show it. I don't know what it takes to be able to replay a 20year old movie in theaters, especially now that everything is going digital.
Not sure...I think they could still do it.

Actually, going digital makes it easier for cinemas to play old movies.

There are no expensive reels to hire.  Also some cinemas use a system of digitially downloading movies from distributors.

Quote from: raleagh on Sat,  4 Oct  2008, 10:55
Actually, going digital makes it easier for cinemas to play old movies.

There are no expensive reels to hire.  Also some cinemas use a system of digitially downloading movies from distributors.

Then maybe the possibility of this happening are greater than I think.