Theatre showings...

Started by Cocoboloboy, Fri, 5 Sep 2008, 15:53

Previous topic - Next topic
That is fantastic! Good for you! I also never saw Batman in theatres and I'm sure one day I will and believe me I'll pay whatever price. This theatre you went to, what's the name of it? Also, do they have schedules for upcoming movies because I'm assuming that it's a theatre that shows older films from time to time.

It's great that you experienced it on the big screen and I hope that many other theatres show it again for the 20th Anniversary in June.

Once again, good for you!

Did you manage to take any photos?

Quote from: ral on Wed, 25 Mar  2009, 14:53

Only one.  Didn't want to distract from the movie... my phone has a flash on it.  I seriously wanted to, but, i did snag one...
I'll post it very soon!

Quote from: Grissom on Wed, 25 Mar  2009, 11:48
That is fantastic! Good for you! I also never saw Batman in theatres and I'm sure one day I will and believe me I'll pay whatever price. This theatre you went to, what's the name of it? Also, do they have schedules for upcoming movies because I'm assuming that it's a theatre that shows older films from time to time.

It's great that you experienced it on the big screen and I hope that many other theatres show it again for the 20th Anniversary in June.

Once again, good for you!

Grissom,

http://www.themovieexperience.com/ 

Just click the scrolling "Big Fremont, San Luis Obispo, CA" under 'Locations'

There you'll find their "Rewind Classics" series and times/dates of when they show the classics. 

I wouldn't be surprised if BATMAN plays somewhere (or hopefully a number of places) for it's 20th.
I would definitely go, again.  Sorry you couldn't be there but, oh my... it was so awesome.  Best two parts, and it reminded me of Rocky Horror participation; EVERYONE in the theater cheered, "Lawrence!" along with the Joker and cheered even louder when Batman crashed through the skylight.... So, you can imagine how crazy it got when the credits rolled!

Man, to be in your shoes. I have heard alot people say how great it was to watch Batman on the big screen especially with die hard Batman fans. It's an experience that they cherish. Even if you're a bigger fan of the recent films, to see this film on a giant screen really does something for you.

By the way, thanks for the info.

Quote from: kag88 on Wed, 25 Mar  2009, 20:10
Quote from: ral on Wed, 25 Mar  2009, 14:53

Only one.  Didn't want to distract from the movie... my phone has a flash on it.  I seriously wanted to, but, i did snag one...
I'll post it very soon!
Can't wait to see it.

Just a heads up to those of us on this forum who may know of show dates for Batman '89 either at a theatre near you or a theatre you may have heard of. There are several theatres that someone wrote down for me where Batman is showing this month but I lost it! Can you believe it?!

Anyway give us a heads up when you can confirm showings, it'll be greatly appreciated.

I wish there was a theater here in New York State that would be playing it!

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

I think I recall on that list a showing at a theatre in New Jersey, but I can't remember the details.

merged this thread with an older one