Favorite Pop Song from the Batman Franchise?

Started by Azrael, Tue, 12 Aug 2008, 18:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Favorite pop song(s) from the Batman movies

Prince - Batman Album
9 (34.6%)
Siouxsie & the Banshees - "Face to Face"
6 (23.1%)
U2 - "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me"
2 (7.7%)
Smashing Pumpkins "The Beginning is the End..."/"The End is the Beginning"
4 (15.4%)
The Flaming Lips - "Bad Days" Forever
1 (3.8%)
R Kelly - "Gotham City" Robin
1 (3.8%)
Seal "Kiss from a Rose" Forever
3 (11.5%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Seal's Kiss From A Rose, without question.

U2's Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me second by a hair.

I had to vote for Face to Face as it captured the character dynamics so well, and that it intentionally evoked the score from BR (or perhaps Elfman incorporated F2F elements in his score).

Having said that, I recall the most excited I ever felt watching MTV was for the premiere of Seal's video--I had some real high hopes for BF after seeing that, and seeing the 'new trailer' on the WB.

...sigh...so young and full of hope.  :)

I also still wonder Hold Me Kill Me was not in the extras of the disc. Not even close to being U2's best, but a nice song that fits well with the whole "pop" Batman imagery of Forever.

I think Face to Face is the song that is best integrated to the film's score. Its lyrics are almost Catwoman's words, and its music includes the meowing strings and the Penguin theme. And I simply like Siouxsie.

1)Kiss from a Rose
2)Face to Face
3)Hold me, Thrill me, Kiss me, Kill me
4)Party Man
5)The Beginning is the End
"Jack is dead my friend. You can call me, Joker. And, as you can see, I'm a lot happier."

You know, a lot of people say Prince songs don't fit a Batman film, but I think it DID fit Batman '89. Something about it just fit the unique feel of the film. There's a certain "pop/cool" thing about the movie, and the Prince music goes well with that.

1.Prince
2.Seal
3. Smashing Pumpkins

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

I voted for PRINCE because that song still rocks!
CHECK OUT THE NEW BAT-BLOG!
http://www.bat-blog.com

Facebook Member?   ADD ME!
http://www.facebook.com/batblog

Quote from: tomstoyz on Sun, 23 Nov  2008, 23:56
I voted for PRINCE because that song still rocks!
DAMN! hah that whole album rocks!

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

How can I vote for just one? The first CD I ever owned was a Seal album and it of course had Kiss From A Rose on it-which I had become fond of once seeing and hearing about Batman Forever. That being said, I jam to Partyman every night and have both Partyman and Trust as my ring tones.

DAMN YOU FOR CAUSING ME TO REALIZE THIS INNER CONFLICT! -just joking by the way, awesome thread!