What Is The Best Prince Song In Batman?

Started by Kamdan, Tue, 12 Aug 2008, 04:28

Previous topic - Next topic
I also agree, Face to Face was certainly the MOST fitting song to find its way into a Batman film.

Have to say, even tho this song was released before Batman Forever, and was used for it, I quite like Kiss From A Rose, and it perfectly fits the Batman character I think.

Quote from: Joker81 on Sun, 12 Jul  2009, 15:11
Have to say, even tho this song was released before Batman Forever, and was used for it, I quite like Kiss From A Rose, and it perfectly fits the Batman character I think.
Kiss From A Rose is my favorite Batman song, even though it doesn't feature in the film. Funny, because it's the best part of the film. Seal is brilliant.

Quote from: The Dark Knight link=topic=326.msg16028#msg16028quote author=Joker81 link=topic=326.msg16022#msg16022 date=1247411467]

Same though i also like the U2 song.

U2's music video for this track makes Batman Forever look like a much better movie.

Still, the Banshees track is the all-time favorite Bat-song, it even integrates parts of the score.

I liked the U2 track as well. I remember buying it on cassette when it came out lol

But I watched the video recently and hated it, because it just shows you how much of a egotistical b#####d Bono is.

If he was chocolate he'd eat himself. Like turning the Bat sign into his head with devil horns etc.

Quote from: silenig on Mon, 13 Jul  2009, 15:34
U2's music video for this track makes Batman Forever look like a much better movie.
I know. It's a shame they cannot make good music like that anymore for the films. But I think it's more a case of not hiring the right people. A good song associated with a film can really promote the brand to the masses.

I get what you're saying but in many ways I wish songs wouldn't necessarily be so tied in with films.  As a general thing.  Obviously it's hard to watch, say, a Quentin Tarantino movie without some obscure 70's songs thrown in.  He's really made a film career out of music (surpassed only by Cameron Crowe in that sense).

But in general?  I dunno.  I'm not with that.  It worked for BR because FTF is so closely tied in with some of the themes and characters but I never really saw the relevance of the U2 or Seal songs with BF... other than a promotional tool, that is.

As for U2... yeah, every time I see Bono with those damned glasses, I want smash him in the head with a brick.

As a sidenote, the Watchmen trailer had the Smashing Pumpkins The Beginning Is The End Is The Beginning (a song from Batman & Robin, of all things).  I've been a Pumpkins fan for a lot of years and I've also always had an interest in Watchmen but it never really hit me how close TBITEITB is to Watchmen.  Whatever doubts I had about that movie's ass-kickery was pretty much obliterated after that teaser came along.  So I guess the point is that songs in film (or teasers) rocks when it's good... but it sucks when it sucks.

Seal's album with the Kiss From a Rose track was the first CD I have ever owned. Yeah, it might just be up there as one of my favorites for sure.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue, 14 Jul  2009, 02:17
I get what you're saying but in many ways I wish songs wouldn't necessarily be so tied in with films.  As a general thing.  Obviously it's hard to watch, say, a Quentin Tarantino movie without some obscure 70's songs thrown in.  He's really made a film career out of music (surpassed only by Cameron Crowe in that sense).

But in general?  I dunno.  I'm not with that.  It worked for BR because FTF is so closely tied in with some of the themes and characters but I never really saw the relevance of the U2 or Seal songs with BF... other than a promotional tool, that is.

As for U2... yeah, every time I see Bono with those damned glasses, I want smash him in the head with a brick.

As a sidenote, the Watchmen trailer had the Smashing Pumpkins The Beginning Is The End Is The Beginning (a song from Batman & Robin, of all things).  I've been a Pumpkins fan for a lot of years and I've also always had an interest in Watchmen but it never really hit me how close TBITEITB is to Watchmen.  Whatever doubts I had about that movie's ass-kickery was pretty much obliterated after that teaser came along.  So I guess the point is that songs in film (or teasers) rocks when it's good... but it sucks when it sucks.

Bono! lol

I totally agree with what your saying Tho there are some great movie songs over the years created for movies. Ironic thing is the ones not created for the films, but in the movies say because they were set in a certian time period are the most successful....