The Next Villains for The Dark Knight Part II?

Started by Joker89, Thu, 7 Aug 2008, 03:40

Previous topic - Next topic
True but we have to remember it's not all up to Nolan. The Dark Knight made so much money and that's all WB cares about, they wouldn't give a flying F*ck if the third film was up to scale or not. They know that people love Batman, superhero movies and  Nolan are very popular for the moment, so one way or another we will prob be seeing a third film even if Nolan drops out.

Thu, 11 Dec 2008, 01:25 #151 Last Edit: Thu, 11 Dec 2008, 01:31 by batass4880
Quote from: Sandman on Thu, 11 Dec  2008, 00:30
True but we have to remember it's not all up to Nolan. The Dark Knight made so much money and that's all WB cares about, they wouldn't give a flying F*ck if the third film was up to scale or not. They know that people love Batman, superhero movies and  Nolan are very popular for the moment, so one way or another we will prob be seeing a third film even if Nolan drops out.

Totally agree Sandman, but it sounds to me like you're saying we could be in danger of getting another B&R if all WB cares about is money, no? Hopefully WB won't forget what happened in the summer of '97 and realize TDK was so successful because of good film making.

Also, I don't think it matters if Nolan will make the movie or if Bale will play Batman again, just as long as whoever does knows what they're doing and are good at it.

Quote from: batass4880 on Thu, 11 Dec  2008, 01:25
Quote from: Sandman on Thu, 11 Dec  2008, 00:30

Totally agree Sandman, but it sounds to me like you're saying we could be in danger of getting another B&R if all WB cares about is money, no? Hopefully WB won't forget what happened in the summer of '97 and realize TDK was so successful because of good film making.

Also, I don't think it matters if Nolan will make the movie or if Bale will play Batman again, just as long as whoever does knows what they're doing and are good at it.

You are right batass, to tell the truth i am worried that we will get another B&R. Well prob not that bad im sure hope WB learned there lession and im sure every director know's how bad it can be for them if they do it the JS way.

To tell the truth i also don't mind if Nolan doesn't return, now don't get me wrong i love his movies and his Batman one's, but im sure he doesn't want to be known only for Batman and Bale i've never really been wrapped in.

I love all Batman movies and seeing some fresh face's and new takes wouldn't kill me, BUT...The Nolan army is massive and even though they try to call themself's Batman fan's they will do any thing to stop a non Nolan Batman film being made, i mean they attack Burton movie's and anyone that likes them and they came out alomst 20 years ago what do you think they will do to a new non Nolan Batman movie.

Quote from: Sandman on Thu, 11 Dec  2008, 03:23
You are right batass, to tell the truth i am worried that we will get another B&R. Well prob not that bad im sure hope WB learned there lession and im sure every director know's how bad it can be for them if they do it the JS way.
If TDK had made "only" $350 mill domestic, it would be an unquestioned success but I wouldn't say that Nolan would be untouchable at WB.  They'd likely want to push ahead with a sequel, with or without this particular filmmaker.  However, given that TDK's the #2 grosser of all-time, any idiot at WB who doesn't go along with his reference point on things will likely find himself out of a job.  Right now, the Batman franchise is riding on a gravy train with biscuit wheels and you'd have to be an utter tool to want to mess that up.

QuoteI love all Batman movies and seeing some fresh face's and new takes wouldn't kill me, BUT...The Nolan army is massive and even though they try to call themself's Batman fan's they will do any thing to stop a non Nolan Batman film being made, i mean they attack Burton movie's and anyone that likes them and they came out alomst 20 years ago what do you think they will do to a new non Nolan Batman movie.
They're a scary breed, alright... but mostly possessed of limited imagination and at best fickle tastes.  Guaranteed, the right Batman movie comes along and even people like Jett (with ties so close to Nolan's camp as to question the desired "objective fansite" status) would probably be onboard.  Never underestimate the shifting sands of fanboy opinion.

BOF is saying Rachel Weisz is being considered for Catwoman, and expect to see Nolan and Bale back together.

Rachael Weisz was laso runored to play Talia way back when TDK rumors started. Bullsh*t on all rumors for at least until nolan agrees to do another film 100%.

Besides, there was already a leak on what Batman 3 will be.

At the beginning, we find that Batman wakes up from a fear induced nightmare caused by Scarecrow, which shows that the last 2 movies have been nothing more than hallucinations.  Batman frees himself, turns to Scarecrow and says while bobbing his head "Im Batman". He then beats the crap out of Crane, ripping off his mask revealing Jeff Goldblum. Batman is then joined by Robin, Batgirl and Batmite and they all go after Mad Hatter, played by Tom Cruise, who has all of Gotham under his control.

During the end credits there is an image of Joel Schumacher flicking off the audience with an evil grin.

Quote from: shadowbat69 on Fri, 12 Dec  2008, 03:28
Rachael Weisz was laso runored to play Talia way back when TDK rumors started. Bullsh*t on all rumors for at least until nolan agrees to do another film 100%.

Besides, there was already a leak on what Batman 3 will be.

At the beginning, we find that Batman wakes up from a fear induced nightmare caused by Scarecrow, which shows that the last 2 movies have been nothing more than hallucinations.  Batman frees himself, turns to Scarecrow and says while bobbing his head "Im Batman". He then beats the crap out of Crane, ripping off his mask revealing Jeff Goldblum. Batman is then joined by Robin, Batgirl and Batmite and they all go after Mad Hatter, played by Tom Cruise, who has all of Gotham under his control.

During the end credits there is an image of Joel Schumacher flicking off the audience with an evil grin.

Man Shadowbat you really gave me a good laugh, something I get quite frequently on here, I do have to admit, I miss ya a little bit on here lately.

My comment on anything that comes from BOF or specifically Jett's mouth is pretty much hit or miss, YES he does have very very reliable sources, YES he has met Nolan and co and had interciews and such with him and YES, he has delivered us some great rumors and news that turned out to be 100% true a while before the info was officially released, but Im not going to believe any rumor at all right now until we get an official statement from Chris Nolan saying he's decided to come back.

If he does decide to, we will have the best batman trilogy we have finally waited for coming to us. ( Yes I know alot of you wish Burton finished his films with a third) but these films co-exist very well together TDK is a sequel to BB, just like the original amazing star wars trilogy. This possibly could be one of the greatest trilogies of all time!

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quote from: shadowbat69 on Fri, 12 Dec  2008, 03:28
Rachael Weisz was laso runored to play Talia way back when TDK rumors started.color]

LOL not so long ago i heard it was Jennifer Connelly playing Talia.

^ Did you hear it from Jett?  Say, I wonder if he still thinks Lachy Hulme is still THIS close to signing to play the Joker in TDK...