The Next Villains for The Dark Knight Part II?

Started by Joker89, Thu, 7 Aug 2008, 03:40

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Joker89 on Wed, 27 Aug  2008, 02:35
Which is why I still think they can use Mr. Freeze, The Penguin, Catwoman, etc. I mean really, why not? Just because they said so??
If they have said they won't be appearing, they wont be. Simple as that.

They do not fit this universe.

Sat, 6 Sep 2008, 14:40 #41 Last Edit: Tue, 9 Sep 2008, 02:55 by Joker89
If Nolan doesn't use those Villains, then I'm pretty sure that some other Director who takes over the Batman franchise will gladly script them into a film.
"Jack is dead my friend. You can call me, Joker. And, as you can see, I'm a lot happier."

Well, it will be a totally different universe, seperated from Nolan. Then it is a new ball game, those villains would be fair game.

Not necessarily. This can be brought up with the original series. Look at the difference between Schumacher and Burtons styles, and its in the same "universe".  "Realsitic" takes can be done on all the characters if researched and presented correctly.

Im not one to look too deeply into movies, I enjoy them for the entertainment they're meant to be, but remember a couple of the lines Joker said in TDK.

"This is how crazy Batmans made Gotham."

"Youve changed things. Forever."

"They'll have to double up at the rate this city's inhabitants are losing their  minds."

It could all be a precursor to whats up the Nolan teams sleeve.  You never know. I mean look at how they did Two Face. "Realisticaly" he would never have been able to walk around and talk and move his eyeball like that.

Nolan made Two-Face look like The Terminator, who happens to be a very fictional character. So once again I stand by my statement that ALL villains of the Batman universe can be scripted in any Batman film.
"Jack is dead my friend. You can call me, Joker. And, as you can see, I'm a lot happier."

Hm. This sounds like an idea. Why not present a list of Batvillains and try to make them fit into Nolans world. It could be intersting to see what we can come up with.

They have already said characters like Penguin and Catwoman wouldnt be used. I dont see why not.

Catwoman - Selina Kyle, socialite new comer to Gotham who gets her kicks from stealing from the very people she mingles with. In the latest comic books they grounded her costume more in the "real world" and moved away from the more cat motif. She can serve as the love interest and as an adversary. Could be very intersting.

Penguin - I have to completely agree with what Jett just posted about the character. Its what I was thinking myself. Owner of the Iceberg Lounge. Seemingly "straight" business man but has ties with the Gotham mobs. Now that they are basically gone, Penguin now makes his power play for Gotham. He can be short in stature, a big nose and because of this has earned the nickname "Penguin".

Riddler - Well, he is pretty straight forward. Normal looking guy with an affection for leaving riddles with his crimes. I just cant see him as a genuine threat.

Ive got more, but what have you guys got?

Cool idea mabye you should start a new thread about it with Burton aswell as Nolan see how many different versions of these Villians you can make for each director's universe.

I can totally see the Penguin idea coming to life. He probably would be a gangster with a nickname, if anything.

Quote from: Joker89 on Tue,  9 Sep  2008, 02:59
Nolan made Two-Face look like The Terminator, who happens to be a very fictional character. So once again I stand by my statement that ALL villains of the Batman universe can be scripted in any Batman film.
I don't think so. Two Face was done very realistically. And get real, not all Batman villains can be scripted in a realistic world.