The Next Villains for The Dark Knight Part II?

Started by Joker89, Thu, 7 Aug 2008, 03:40

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Matuatay on Sat,  4 Dec  2010, 04:38
As far as Strange is concerned, has it even been confirmed that he's even going to be the villain of TDKR?  Last I looked it seemed to be one of those internet rumors that has just snowballed until now everyone is taking it as gospel.

Pure speculation. Though another rumor is that TDKR may be based on a storyline called, "Prey" that ran in the Legends of the Dark Knight title. A storyline could could mesh very well with how TDK concluded, was the un-official sequel to Miller's "Year One", and incorporates the modern Hugo Strange as a psychological and manipulative villain who, in contrast to Batman's more flamboyant villains, prefers to pull strings from behind the scenes and has quite the obsession with Batman.

QuoteI'm still hoping against hope that Nolan will change his mind and bring in The Penguin, even as just a bit player in the story. 

Agreed.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Thanks, Joker.

I have to admit that Hugo Strange is not one of those I'd rather see in a live action flick, but then again I said the same thing about Ra's Al Ghul and The Scarecrow and ended up having no complaints with either after seeing Batman Begins.  Whatever the case ends up being, Nolan has certainly earned my trust that he'll deliver a fine product. 

Sun, 5 Dec 2010, 01:42 #262 Last Edit: Sun, 5 Dec 2010, 01:44 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: gordonblu on Sat,  4 Dec  2010, 19:25
He would?ve been in a prison, and much like Clarice Starling and Hannibal Lecter, would?ve played an unlikely aide to his arch-nemesis Batman, who?d be on a mission to to stop? Two Face.
I always thought that was going to happen. It would?ve worked so well, because Ledger shined in TDK interrogation scene. They could?ve revisited that style, showing their mutual connection growing even deeper and reference their past meeting. ?Let?s not get worked up this time, eh bats?? Shame.

And the image of a make-up less Joker with traces of green hair dye would've been very interesting. Would have it removed the aura of the character? Maybe. But it would have shown a different facet to him.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun,  5 Dec  2010, 01:42

I always thought that was going to happen. It would?ve worked so well, because Ledger shined in TDK interrogation scene. They could?ve revisited that style, showing their mutual connection growing even deeper and reference their past meeting. ?Let?s not get worked up this time, eh bats?? Shame.

And the image of a make-up less Joker with traces of green hair dye would've been very interesting. Would have it removed the aura of the character? Maybe. But it would have shown a different facet to him.
Now that this synopsis is rendered void, I can't see a satisfying way to end this trilogy at this point.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

>>Now that this synopsis is rendered void, I can't see a satisfying way to end this trilogy at this point. <<

And without Two-Face, neither can I.  But we're probably being a bit closed-minded just because we're not getting to see what we wanted (or thought) we were going to see.  There's got to be a good way to close it all off in a fitting conclusion, we just can't see it right now which is why these writers and filmmarkers make millions doing what they do. 

(not saying you couldn't do any of the above, but I sure can't!)

Then again, it might not be Nolan's intention to wrap it all up neatly and tie up all loose ends.  I suppose just because this is his final bat-film doesn't necessarily mean he's not going to leave us hanging in some way or another.  I wouldn't like it if he did, but it's always a possibility. 

It's going to be a very long wait until 2012.   :-\

Fri, 14 Jan 2011, 05:07 #265 Last Edit: Fri, 14 Jan 2011, 05:09 by Matuatay
Well according to Batman-News, it's looking like we'll end up with Deadshot, Black Mask, and/or Hugo Strange as the main antagonists.  Nothing official, but there is a lot of whispering going on out there that mainly includes these three.  I'd bet on seeing at least one out of these three appear, if not two.  No word yet on the female villain except it's looking more and more like Talia Al Ghul will make an appearance.  

I'd post a link to the articles, but I'm not sure if it's allowed and all it takes is a Google search for Batman News to easily find the site.  Ordinarily I disregard rumors like this until something official comes out, but the person running Batman-News seems to have his act together and is the first to admit that this is all rumor, but also notes that the Deadshot/Black Mask article that was put online was quickly removed at the request of WB.  

Personally I find the concept of Deadshot rather lame when it comes to being a foe for Batman, who is almost impervious to guns.  Black Mask, however, intrigues me somewhat.  It would make sense for this guy to have taken over what's left of the mob after Maroni.  I'm still on the fence on how I feel about Hugo Strange possibly making an appearance.  

Quote from: Matuatay on Fri, 14 Jan  2011, 05:07
Well according to Batman-News, it's looking like we'll end up with Deadshot, Black Mask, and/or Hugo Strange as the main antagonists.  Nothing official, but there is a lot of whispering going on out there that mainly includes these three.
I wouldn't be reading too much into that. Especially from that site.

I can't see Black Mask in it to be honest...he's almost a little bit the same as how the Joker was Nolan-ised to a certain extent and it would be like re-treading old ground.

I'd actually like to see Hugo Strange.
you ever dance with the devil on a pale moon light

Well, I was a fool for posting what I knew to pretty much be rumor, and news that came out today proves it. 

Anne Hathaway:  Selena Kyle,  Tom Hardy:  Bane

BURBANK, CA, January 19, 2011 ? Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that Anne Hathaway has been cast as Selina Kyle in Christopher Nolan?s ?The Dark Knight Rises.? She will be starring alongside Christian Bale, who returns in the title role of Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Christopher Nolan stated, ?I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story.?

In addition, Tom Hardy has been set to play Bane. Nolan said, ?I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman?s most formidable enemies.?

Nolan will direct the film from a screenplay he wrote with Jonathan Nolan, from a story by Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer. Nolan will also produce the film with his longtime producing partner, Emma Thomas, and Charles Roven.

?The Dark Knight Rises? is slated for release on July 20, 2012. The film will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

Read more: http://batman-news.com/#ixzz1BVqppp6c