The Next Villains for The Dark Knight Part II?

Started by Joker89, Thu, 7 Aug 2008, 03:40

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Joker on Mon, 19 Apr  2010, 10:09
Making 3686346 posts whining about how Kate Beckinsale isn't my personal favourite, and how I don't get what the deal is with her, is a complete waste of time in my estimation.
3686347 posts is the tipping point. Get it right. We've still got a lot of posts to go before then.

I actually really want to see the next film be similar to Mask Of The Phantasm, or atleast have the Phantasm or The Reaper as the villian, could be really good

I would love to see Nolan tackle Black Mask. That could be quite thrilling.

Quote from: Grissom on Mon, 31 May  2010, 19:39
I would love to see Nolan tackle Black Mask. That could be quite thrilling.

Agreed.  Black Mask would be perfect for Nolan, although I think he should also use one of the more well-known villains too (i.e. Catwoman, Penguin or The Riddler).
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

It's hardy surprising. Though part of me is disappointed.

I hope that with Nolan using this more realistic approach, he is willing to tackle a villain like Bane, and give him a good story.

Though it would be somewhat controversial, can you imagine if the next Batman movie ended with Bane bending Batman's back over his knee and breaking it? That would set up one hell of a next installment in the series.

I honestly think that of all the Batman villains, Bane fits into Nolan's world as good as any.

Oh, and The Ventriloquist, with the Scarface doll, he would be a cool and in many ways a believable villain.

Quote from: Batmoney on Mon,  2 Aug  2010, 21:03
I hope that with Nolan using this more realistic approach, he is willing to tackle a villain like Bane, and give him a good story.

Though it would be somewhat controversial, can you imagine if the next Batman movie ended with Bane bending Batman's back over his knee and breaking it? That would set up one hell of a next installment in the series.

I honestly think that of all the Batman villains, Bane fits into Nolan's world as good as any.

I like Bane too and would certainly like to see him portrayed properly on-screen.  However, seeing as it looks like the next Batman film is going to be Nolan's last I don't think it will end on a cliffhanger.  If Bane does make an appearance, and he does break Batman's back, it's going to have to happen during the middle of the film.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Yeah, I know, but a guy can dream hehe.

I couldn't see WB and DC making such a controversial move in a franchise at any time, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were willing to make this move if the "death of Batman" in the comics was coinciding with their release date. It would help support just the kind of drama they would capture with a potential death situation in the movies.

None the less, seeing Bane in Nolan's world would be so sweet. Though I was very impressed with Nolan and Ledger's Joker, and would be intrigued to see more villains get another crack on screen, I think I would prefer to see new villains that haven't gotten a live action stint of any kind yet.