The Next Villains for The Dark Knight Part II?

Started by Joker89, Thu, 7 Aug 2008, 03:40

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Matuatay on Sun, 18 Apr  2010, 04:27
I'm another one who doesn't want Johnny Depp within 150 miles of the next Batman movie.  I'm just sick of looking at and hearing about him all the time.  Not saying he isn't a great actor, I think he is, I'd just like to see ONE franchise prove they can make a good thing without Depp.  Let him come around in the next Batman franchise after Nolan's done.  JMO.   ::)
Agreed.

Why should he have all the fun? Let's give someone else a chance.

Quote from: James on Sat, 17 Apr  2010, 23:27Why does everyone want Johnny Depp to play every role in every movie made?
I've wondered the same thing about Jennifer Connelly's name coming in every fu.cking comic book movie property that comes along.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon, 19 Apr  2010, 00:42
I've wondered the same thing about Jennifer Connelly's name coming in every fu.cking comic book movie property that comes along.

Sorry, Colors I can't agree with you there.  I still don't understand what your beef is with her.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I've wondered the same thing about Angelina Jolie's name coming in every fu.cking comic book movie property that comes along.

Fixed.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: James on Sat, 17 Apr  2010, 23:27Why does everyone want Johnny Depp to play every role in every movie made?
Agreed. What the hell is the fascination with her? Seriously?!

What sets her apart from anyone else on the damn street?

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 19 Apr  2010, 03:05
Agreed. What the hell is the fascination with her? Seriously?!

Yeesh. I feel like Bill Murray in "Groundhog Day" going over this yet again, but if anyone can sit and watch films such as "The Rocketeer", "Career Opportunities", "Mulholland Falls", "Inventing the Abbotts" ect, and still seriously ask this question, then clearly it's not going to be understood. No matter what. So there's really no point in trying to grasp something that is so obviously impossible to achieve.

What sets her apart from anyone else on the damn street?

I would say quite a bit (read above). But really, and let's be honest here, that sort of question could be posed for a great number of actresses. Ultimately, it's too subjective. As you know, everyone has different tastes. Much like how some guys prefer Angelina Jolie over Jennifer Aniston, or Scarlett Johansson to Natalie Portman, Evangeline Lilly to Jessica Biel, Betty over Veronica. ect ect.     

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Meh. The closest I want her to a comic book franchise is that pitiful Incredible Sulk.

I have seen those films you list, and didn't see anything special at all. There are surely plenty of other actresses out there that can do what she does, and better.

I see people like her down the street. I don't get the big deal. And how people hold her up as some amazing beauty. She's just a plain Jane to me. And I don't have plain tastes. Some do, and that's fine.

Of all the people in the world to latch onto...

This no doubt has triggered a flame war. thecolorsblend will come in a back me up. Hopefully. Not that I need it, mind you...

Wow.

And here we go again.

See, I was bringing in a bit of objectivity into my previous post by arguing that everyone has their own personal tastes. Some prefer blondes. Some prefer brunettes. Some prefer redheads. Some prefer this celeb over that celeb. Burton's Batman over Nolan's Batman. And so on and so forth.

An objective matter is one that everyone (who is sane, rational, and appropriately informed) will agree about.

Now with Subjectivity, which your unfortunate post obviously has in spades, connotes a lack of objectivity.

And essentially is no more or less amusing, though equally a big waste of time nevertheless, than surfing the web to read threads arguing over the "hotness" of ___________ <--- insert actress name here!  ;)

QuoteThis no doubt has triggered a flame war.

Sounds like a repeat (see Billy Murray/Groundhog Day comment in a previous post) of the debate over Connelly/Beckinsale.  ;D 

I don't need definitions spelled out. I know what they mean.

I could not care less about finding middle ground, or what others think.

Of course people have preferances. Does that even need to be said?

I was stating my 'unfortunate' opinion.

I don't get what the big deal is with Connelly.

QuoteI don't need definitions spelled out. I know what they mean.

Awesome.

QuoteI could not care less about finding middle ground, or what others think.

Personally, I typically like agreeing with someone who holds similar interests just as much as I like agreeing to disagree on various topics. Repeating the same old tired comments, "I don't get it! I just don't get it! What the hell? I don't see it? Plain Jane!" get's incredibly old, incredibly quick.

Making 3686346 posts whining about how Kate Beckinsale isn't my personal favourite, and how I don't get what the deal is with her, is a complete waste of time in my estimation.

QuoteOf course people have preferances. Does that even need to be said?

I was stating my 'unfortunate' opinion.

Of course. And I'll stop being objective with your posts even if I disagree with them.

QuoteI don't get what the big deal is with Connelly.

We know. We know.