The Next Villains for The Dark Knight Part II?

Started by Joker89, Thu, 7 Aug 2008, 03:40

Previous topic - Next topic
How do we know Ras' is dead? There was no body, not even in the novelization. If this is a trilogy, what's to say Ras' won't be coming back?
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Frankly, I don't see any point in bringing Ra's back, esp. how he was horribly written in Begins. It's just best to leave him where he is. I'd like to see some Batman rogues that haven't been in a film yet, like the Mad Hatter, Man Bat, etc.

If they do the Mad Hatter, which Goyer said he would never(jerk), he should be a grungy drug dealer who wers a top hat(obviously) and offers two types of pills, "the Rabbit-Hole", or "the Looking-Glass". He obviously wouldn't be the MAIN villain, but could be used similar to how they used the Scarecrow in the Dark Knight. Come to think of it, they could have used Hatter instead of Scarcrow in the Dark Knight.

If they use the Ventriloquist, I could see him actually having a ventriloquist act at some sort of nightclub and secretly giving his mob orders through code within the performance. I think that would be pretty sneaky and you could have Scarface look overly 30's gangsterish and have it work within the confines of it being "an act".

Wed, 25 Mar 2009, 05:41 #203 Last Edit: Wed, 25 Mar 2009, 05:58 by Dark Knight Detective
Quote from: gordonblu on Wed, 25 Mar  2009, 05:20
If they do the Mad Hatter, which Goyer said he would never(jerk), he should be a grungy drug dealer who wers a top hat(obviously) and offers two types of pills, "the Rabbit-Hole", or "the Looking-Glass".

See, this is why I don't like fictionalism removed from comic book films. It takes the fun & creativeness away. I know that the new films are trying to convey realism, but Batman's world is 50/50. And w/o that fictionalism, things are screwed.

But perhaps things might change. TDK reduced some of the OTT realism displayed in Begins, & it showed things that would seem rather unrealistic, like Two-Face running around & not catching any infections. Perhaps this is a sign to tell the viewers that a perfect balance will come to the new Batman films.

At the moment, it's the only way i see anyone doing him in any kind of movie. He's always been one of my favorites and if this is the way he has to be brought to the screen, I'm all for it. Besides any attempt to do the mind controlling version would look like a pale imitation of Batman the Animated Series. At least the drug dealer one could still quote Lewis Carroll, ust look at Jefferson Airplane, they wrote a whole song about the the White Rabbit nd the dormouse in allusion to drugs!

Sat, 28 Mar 2009, 17:42 #205 Last Edit: Sat, 28 Mar 2009, 17:44 by silenig
Some of the villains that appeared in the Azzarello/Bermejo one-shot titled "Joker" seemed like a blueprint for "gritty" movie versions of the vilains. As others said, l I could see this chain-smoking/drugged-out Riddler with a mullet played by Johnny Depp. Clliched, of course, and Nolan wouldn't like to repeat something that was done in a 2008 comic book. It'd be another Edward for Depp after Scissorhands and Ed Wood Jr.  ;D

Although Johnny Depp would be perfect as the Riddler, I think he would be--all due respect to the late Heath Ledger, and the great Jack Nicholson--One fine addition to our previous list of Jokers. I've observed Johnny's acting methods and he always tries to do something fresh with his roles.

I figure if he were called up to take Heath place as the Joker, he would give us a memorable performance with an impersonation of Heath and Jack all in one . Also he looks just like Heath Ledger did with the make up on. Same eyes, nose, teeth, etc.
"Jack is dead my friend. You can call me, Joker. And, as you can see, I'm a lot happier."

It might only be me, but I for one would love to see The Clock King in a Batfilm, I don't know he just seems like a guy who could match Batman mentally, throw in bane aswell and we have a great movie IMO

Quote from: Joker89 on Sun, 28 Jun  2009, 20:42
Although Johnny Depp would be perfect as the Riddler, I think he would be--all due respect to the late Heath Ledger, and the great Jack Nicholson--One fine addition to our previous list of Jokers. I've observed Johnny's acting methods and he always tries to do something fresh with his roles.

I figure if he were called up to take Heath place as the Joker, he would give us a memorable performance with an impersonation of Heath and Jack all in one . Also he looks just like Heath Ledger did with the make up on. Same eyes, nose, teeth, etc.

I totally get what you mean and agree, But sadly the death fans would put the biggest act on and no matter how great his performance is it would be totally destroyed, Lets not forget they did try to get a ban on The Joker so no one could ever play him again.

Thu, 3 Dec 2009, 01:32 #209 Last Edit: Thu, 3 Dec 2009, 01:40 by The Dark Knight
I don't want Mr Freeze. The basis of the character is tied up in his low body temperature and ice cannon. I just cannot buy that in a realistic setting.

But if he did come to pass, I suppose he could have experiments with disguising the time of death of his victims by freezing their corpses in an industrial freezer.

Just a thought I had. Even though that's not really the core character being retained, it's one way you could do it.