The Next Villains for The Dark Knight Part II?

Started by Joker89, Thu, 7 Aug 2008, 03:40

Previous topic - Next topic
Wed, 11 Feb 2009, 04:32 #190 Last Edit: Wed, 18 Feb 2009, 04:55 by The Batman Returns
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed, 11 Feb  2009, 04:26
At least for the moment, I'd say Bale is safe.  He headlined the #2 highest grossing movie of all time.  I think that earns him a pass on a lot of things.  I don't see his career tanking any time soon, outbursts or no outbursts.

For the moment. Let's see if he'll keep it up.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed, 11 Feb  2009, 04:26
As for villains, part of me wants see what Nolan could do with the Ventriloquist.

I'd actually like to see Talia al Ghul, considering how she was supposed to appear in Batman Begins (or was it the novel).

Bale will return. He just will. He's apologised for his behaviour and people will move on. He could explode again, and he'll still reprise his role. That doesn't make his behaviour right, it's just the way things work. I just can't see him being sacked.

Wed, 11 Feb 2009, 14:45 #192 Last Edit: Wed, 11 Feb 2009, 14:54 by The Batman Returns
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 11 Feb  2009, 09:56
Bale will return. He just will. He's apologised for his behaviour and people will move on. He could explode again, and he'll still reprise his role. That doesn't make his behaviour right, it's just the way things work. I just can't see him being sacked.

Let's just hope he stays true to his word & doesn't explode on a daily basis.

I thought Deadshot could potentially be a good villain for the Nolanverse.

Quote from: Batmoney on Wed, 11 Feb  2009, 19:42
I thought Deadshot could potentially be a good villain for the Nolanverse.

Well, since the Gotham Knight Movie is said to tie in w/ the Nolanverse, Deadshot would be a good choice, along w/ Killer Croc.

Yeah, I agree that Deadshot would be a good vilain for B3, but I prefer a more common bad guy, like The Penguin or The Riddler.
What about Killer Cros? He has already been introduced to Nolanverse in GK. Do you think that he would be a good choice for B3?
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.

Quote from: GuedesGothamKnight on Wed, 11 Feb  2009, 22:11
What about Killer Cros? He has already been introduced to Nolanverse in GK. Do you think that he would be a good choice for B3?

While it would be nice to see him, he might not be admitted due to seeming unrealistic. But if we had the sonar system, then I see no other reason not to include Croc.

If the Riddler is used, I would like to see David Tennant of Dr. Who in the role. He has expressed interest and in keeping with most of the previous villains is not too well known as an actor outside of Who fans.

I don't think He should be a Zodiac type kiler though. I think he should be a cyber hacker who sends viruses to various companies in th form of riddles, you get the riddle wrong and the whole system goes down. He would operate very much in cognito and would be a side character that the main villain would contact if they need to wipe out a rival company or a security system. He could even try to tackle the Wayne Enterprises computer system and end up in a cyber duel with Fox.

Personally though, I don't think Two-Face is dead. They didn't say Two-Face is dead they said something to the effect of hope dying with Harvey's reputation. They aren't going to be shocked that he's alive because they knew he wasn't dead. The wake was falsified and he's either locked up in Arkham or in some other state or county where nobody knows who he is. I could be wrong, but I don't thik they would waste such a great villain. Nolan is a very intellegent man and he could come up with an absolutely killer story line for Two-Face that none of us have thought of.

As for Catwoman, I would go with Kelly Hu. Penguin, in my opinion, should be Bob Hoskins.

There are my two cents. Which is how most people view my opinions... not worth much.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

I agree, Two-Face has never 'seemed dead' to me, particularly judging by the scenes to follow and cap off the film after his fall, it's like they were trying to make it look like he wasn't really dead.

I had heard once that supposedly Nolan said he would never kill off a major Batman Villain, and if so, does Ras count from Begins?

Well, Gotham Knights isn't really part of the Nolanverse. I don't think Nolan had anything to do with it and if he ever wanted to contradict it I'm sure he would without hesitation.