The Next Villains for The Dark Knight Part II?

Started by Joker89, Thu, 7 Aug 2008, 03:40

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Sandman on Mon, 22 Sep  2008, 08:55
Depends if it's Tommy Lee Jones Two-Face i'd kill him myself.

LOL!

I understand filmakers killing off the bad guys at the end. For decades that's what most movie goers felt was the thing to do. It added closure to the film. I think the attitude is changing and leaving it open ended is more accepted these days.

I personally feel most if not all Batman villians should remain alive at the end of each film. That's what Arkham is for and it would be more in line with the comics to do so.

Depp is an excellent choice to make an appearence as Joker in later films but I'd like for Nolan to move on to someone different for now. Catwoman is one of my top choices.

Before seeing The Dark Knight. I originally thought Nolan would kill off The Joker and keep Two-Face alive for the next film. After seeing the film, I was a little upset that they didn't stand by that concept. Because Two-Face was a new character and I felt that his performance as a villain could have been stronger by the next film had they let him live. This way Two-Face would build his character up by the next film and he could mix that chemistry with a new villain such as The Penguin or, Catwoman.
"Jack is dead my friend. You can call me, Joker. And, as you can see, I'm a lot happier."

Quote from: Joker89 on Mon, 22 Sep  2008, 15:44
Before seeing The Dark Knight. I originally thought Nolan would kill off The Joker and keep Two-Face alive for the next film. After seeing the film, I was a little upset that they didn't stand by that concept. Because Two-Face was a new character and I felt that his performance as a villain could have been stronger by the next film had they let him live. This way Two-Face would build his character up by the next film and he could mix that chemistry with a new villain such as The Penguin or, Catwoman.

I agree somewhat. I was a little put off that Two Face never went after Joker and the final climax wasn't Two Face trying to kill him and Batman trying to talk him out of it, 'One Rule? vs. 'Old Fashioned Justice.' The fact that they undermined Joker in a lame skirmish that leaves him dangling from a wire with no resolution so that Two Face can babble for ten minutes in a contrived excuse to kill Gordon?s kid was a let down.

Two-Face did babble alot. Which is why I think he would have been a better villain by the next film, had Nolan let the Two-Face character be.
"Jack is dead my friend. You can call me, Joker. And, as you can see, I'm a lot happier."

Everyone babbles alot in nolans movies. Esp Two-Face, Joker an Batman.

I only enjoyed Joker's babbling, the others, not so much.

Yea i know what you mean, i like Joker's lines there were not masterful poetic art like people go on about but they were 1000 time better then Batmans 4 hour rants.

I couldn't understand what Batman was even saying half the time!! His voice was way too raspy.

Quote from: Joker89 on Fri, 26 Sep  2008, 17:04
I couldn't understand what Batman was even saying half the time!! His voice was way too raspy.
you can thank Wb for modifying his voice in the studio during the wrapping up of the film, in my opinion Bales Batman voice was perfect for an exhausted guy going through complete hell and dealing with the worst things possible that he could have to deal with.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Maybe they'll undo it on the DVD release. Studios do that all the time. I wouldn't see why not, after all people actually complained about Bale's voice being the only flaw in the film. So lets cross our fingers!