The Next Villains for The Dark Knight Part II?

Started by Joker89, Thu, 7 Aug 2008, 03:40

Previous topic - Next topic
I know what you're saying, but I am against re-casting The Joker in this series. They don't really need him to return. He's locked up in jail, and that's that.

Quote from: The Batman Returns on Wed, 11 Feb  2009, 01:12
I think Two-Face should definitely return. And, if anything, Scarecrow should not be in the next film if he's just going to make a mindless cameo!

I don't think he should. He was meant to die. By bringing back Dent, that would defeat the whole purpose of Batman taking the heat for the Two-Face murders.

Wed, 11 Feb 2009, 01:24 #182 Last Edit: Wed, 11 Feb 2009, 01:26 by The Batman Returns
Quote from: batass4880 on Wed, 11 Feb  2009, 01:21
I don't think he should. He was meant to die. By bringing back Dent, that would defeat the whole purpose of Batman taking the heat for the Two-Face murders.

IMO, Dent should've been in Begins like he was supposed to, instead of Rachel Dawes. That possibly would've paved way for him to become Two-Face at a better time in TDK. I just hope Nolan & co. don't do to him like Spiderman 3 did to Venom (if you've seen it).

What's your thoughts on Scarecrow?

Quote from: batass4880 on Wed, 11 Feb  2009, 01:29
IMO, I thought he sucked in both movies.

I bursted out laughing at this! You went straight to the point! :D

Anyway, who would you want to be in the next film as the villain/villainess (or maybe more, perhaps)?

Wed, 11 Feb 2009, 02:24 #185 Last Edit: Wed, 11 Feb 2009, 02:29 by batass4880
Quote from: The Batman Returns on Wed, 11 Feb  2009, 01:38Anyway, who would you want to be in the next film as the villain/villainess (or maybe more, perhaps)?

It's hard to say. My head is usually in the more "traditional" Batman world so if I were to say the Penguin, they might do something with him that I might not like. Although I heard a rumor that if they do use him, he will be a British arms dealer which sounds kind of cool to me.

I don't think the Riddler would be suitable for this franchise but that's just me.

I also think the next movie will be the last in the series. Why, I'm not sure. Just a gut feeling.

Wed, 11 Feb 2009, 02:37 #186 Last Edit: Wed, 18 Feb 2009, 04:53 by The Batman Returns
Quote from: batass4880 on Wed, 11 Feb  2009, 02:24
It's hard to say. My head is usually in the more "traditional" Batman world so if I were to say the Penguin, they might do something with him that I might not like. Although I heard a rumor that if they do use him, he will be a British arms dealer which sounds kind of cool to me.

I'm not very thrilled as to where Penguin is going. I've always preferred some DeVito Penguin within him.

I don't think the Riddler would be suitable for this franchise but that's just me.

If he is used, let's hope he's given the "formal look" & the "smooth man" personality instead of spandex & zaniness.

I also think the next movie will be the last in the series. Why, I'm not sure. Just a gut feeling.

It would make sense to tie everything up & finish. But will Bale return? I wonder what Mr. Nolan is thinking after Bale's fiasco, don't you?

Quote from: The Batman Returns on Wed, 11 Feb  2009, 02:37It would make sense to tie everything up & finish. But will Bale return? I wonder what Mr. Nolan is thinking after Bale's fiasco, don't you?

Unless he loses it again or Nolan doesn't return, I don't think the tape of him going nuts will affect him doing the third film.

Quote from: batass4880 on Wed, 11 Feb  2009, 02:49
Unless he loses it again or Nolan doesn't return, I don't think the tape of him going nuts will affect him doing the third film.

Imagine him going spastic on the set for the sequel of TDK. What a horrible vision that would be! :-X We just better hope he gets anger management.

Quote from: The Batman Returns on Wed, 11 Feb  2009, 03:04Imagine him going spastic on the set for the sequel of TDK. What a horrible vision that would be! :-X We just better hope he gets anger management.
At least for the moment, I'd say Bale is safe.  He headlined the #2 highest grossing movie of all time.  I think that earns him a pass on a lot of things.  I don't see his career tanking any time soon, outbursts or no outbursts.

As for villains, part of me wants see what Nolan could do with the Ventriloquist.