The Next Villains for The Dark Knight Part II?

Started by Joker89, Thu, 7 Aug 2008, 03:40

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Joker89 on Thu,  7 Aug  2008, 16:15
But, how could Harvey Dent survive the car accident???  
Before he shot the driver, Dent gripped the seat belt and held it to himself. He would have braced himself better than Maroni.

I think I know the 5 people that were killed.

1)The police officer that was shot by the Joker. The death I guess was pinned on Harvey Dent even though the hospital blew up.

2)The Detective that was shot by Two-Face at the bar.

3)Maroni's bodyguard....yes, that's right, someone was going to enter the other side of Maroni's car, but you see him being strangled in the backround.

3)Maroni's Driver, who was shot by Two-Face.

5)I think he killed Ramerez even though he told her she would live.

Which means Sal Maroni is still alive!!
"Jack is dead my friend. You can call me, Joker. And, as you can see, I'm a lot happier."

Quote from: Joker89 on Fri,  8 Aug  2008, 15:07
I think I know the 5 people that were killed.

1)The police officer that was shot by the Joker. The death I guess was pinned on Harvey Dent even though the hospital blew up.

2)The Detective that was shot by Two-Face at the bar.

3)Maroni's bodyguard....yes, that's right, someone was going to enter the other side of Maroni's car, but you see him being strangled in the backround.

3)Maroni's Driver, who was shot by Two-Face.

5)I think he killed Ramerez even though he told her she would live.

Which means Sal Maroni is still alive!!

I don't think Ramerez was killed, Two Face accepts the odds. 

I'm not sure about Maroni's bodyguard, perhaps Maroni was set up by his own people?  Also what about the cop that was in Dent's hospital room to start with? The one that didn't answer the radio and caused the second to go looking for him.

Yeesh, Two Face's bodycount is even more muddled than I thought.  The Nolans REALLY should've taken the time to elaborate a bit more on this.

Nolan has the entire third film to clear this up and elaborate. This plot point isn't going away anytime soon. Two-Face's deeds and death are going to have lasting consequences.

If maroni isn't dead then Batman taking the blame to scare gotham's underbelly is a waste of time.

Maybe so. But Falcone's not dead! They should bring him back in the next film. Along with The Riddler, The Scarecrow, and Harley Quinn too!
"Jack is dead my friend. You can call me, Joker. And, as you can see, I'm a lot happier."

"The Dark Knight Part II"(Nolan's third film) should lead up to another (fourth) sequel that should include the introduction of Dick Grayson a.k.a. Robin with Batman taking on Catwoman, and The Riddler(again). The next film(Nolans fifth film), should have The Penguin and Mr. Freeze teaming up to ice Gotham with Batman and Robin finally forming a partnership to stop them from doing so. They should then end the Nolan series after that. Warner Bros. should also come out with a serious Batman:Beyond film, involving new villains and familiar ones such as Bane, Clayface, The Ventriloquist and Scarface, etc.

I love Mr. Freeze, but I don't think you can do a realistic take on someone who needs to keep their body below freezing point and has an ice cannon as a weapon.

This whole franchise is unrealistic, but Nolan has established boundaries for how far into fantasy his take on the Batman universe will go. I think Mr. Freeze lies outside that boundary, and there's no way to tone him down enough without violating what makes the character who he is.

If you alter Mr. Freeze's basic identity - that he can't exist at a temperature above freezing - then you've entirely lost the character, since everything about Mr. Freeze is bound up in that. And I say this as a huge fan of the character. His episodes are among the best in the Animated Series (which was the first version of Batman to make him a worthwhile character). I just don't think he's a natural pick for the Nolanverse, just like Man-Bat or Clayface.

Nevermind that I have a really hard time making him fit the plot or thematic direction of what part III, given what The Dark Knight lays out for it to accomplish.

Nolan should (and will) keep his three films consistent with one another on this point. Then he'll bow out, and then let somebody else start taking it in a different direction. I want Begins, The Dark Knight, and part III to run pretty smoothly together.

I think Nolan's job for the third film is to take a somewhat less impressive villain and transform them into someone on the level of the greats. It's doable (heck, Mr. Freeze was a worthless character until the animated series came around), even with folks like the Riddler. Yes, the Riddler as he's known now couldn't carry a film... but maybe Nolan's Riddler could.

The Animated Series and Hush did do a great job of giving the Riddler some menace, but not depth, and that's really the battle Nolan has to fight. It wouldn't be easy, but I'd love to see what Nolan could come up with given room to play with the character.

You put a Nolanized Riddler as the head honcho (but more of a background mastermind working through other folks), have Catwoman in there to throw in her brand of romance and confusion, and then put in David Cain as an assassin hired by the dwindling criminal element in a last-ditch attempt to take out Batman, and you have the beginnings of one solid narrative. Maybe you could even bring Hugo Strange in.

At some point, I'd like to see a vision between Nolan's and a more fantastical approach (perhaps the next director after Nolan can push into that territory), but for this initial trilogy, I want the Nolan approach as established in Begins. I love it. Thankfully, I'm 100% sure I'll get that. Nolan's not going to violate the rules he already put in place.