DeVito's Penguin

Started by The Dark Knight, Sat, 2 Aug 2008, 14:31

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Batmoney on Sun,  2 Nov  2008, 01:17
100% agreed. DeVito really should have gotten an Oscar for his role. Instead, he miraculously got nominated for a Razzie of all things.

That was a disgrace.

Absolutely. I mean, a RAZZIE for that performance? The guy was brilliant. A big slap in the face.

I thought Daany as the Penguin did a great job, certainly seemed more disturbing and menacing than the original tv series version. The part where he bit that guys nose was neat too!  ;D

www.batmanslair.proboards.com

Quote from: DarkVengeance on Thu, 30 Oct  2008, 21:20
If we do see him in a future film he will be NOTHING like Devito's interpretation and he'll only be a minor character, and personally Im fine with that!

What I mean is Nicholsons Joker was untouchable until TDK came out then everyone turned against his portrayal, slandering it, and wrongly so. It will be the same as the Penguin.

Batman 89 and everyone associated with it got a bad backlash this summer and it was out of order.

I'm just saying a lot of Batman fans seem very fickle.

Mon, 3 Nov 2008, 07:34 #34 Last Edit: Mon, 3 Nov 2008, 21:27 by shadowbat69
Yeah a lot of these new age fans are ::edit:: and they're always trying to start wars. Fans who know their Batman know these films are all about preference and taste.

Anyways, on the subject of DeVito's Penguin in comparison with the late Heath Ledger, if Ledger does get an Oscar nod (which he certainly deserves) I can't honestly see justification in how DeVito didn't. The number one thing you hear associated with Ledger's Joker is the "transformation" Ledger made. DeVito absolutely became his character of the Penguin in Returns and really gave perhaps one of the most underrated, and judging by the razzie nomination, unappreciated performances of all time.

Only the real fans can love more than one interpretation of a character equally!

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quote from: DarkVengeance on Wed,  5 Nov  2008, 04:21
Only the real fans can love more than one interpretation of a character equally!

You mean like Loving Jack and Heath equally? Hummm i agree, but becareful where you say that, i've seen people get teared apart for saying that.

I love both Burton and Nolan. I can just tolerate Forever, but thats it.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu,  6 Nov  2008, 10:21
I love both Burton and Nolan. I can just tolerate Forever, but thats it.

Same, but sometimes i do like the 60's show.

See thats what Im saying I can truly appreciate when people can love more than one version of something. Also I dont care what I get bashed on for my opinion, Im used to it I always say bring it on, its more fun when people disagree about some things, sometimes that is.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.