DeVito's Penguin

Started by The Dark Knight, Sat, 2 Aug 2008, 14:31

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 30 Oct  2008, 08:45
Quote from: DarkVengeance on Thu, 30 Oct  2008, 04:55
to be honest I kinda like that version of The Penguin better than the one from most comics.
Agreed. Devito behaved liked an animal. Top stuff.

Agree with you both. Peng from the cmoics lacked character and depth. He was just a gimmicky ganster.

Quote from: DarkVengeance on Thu, 30 Oct  2008, 04:55
Danny Devito went as deep into being a hardcore character driven actor with his role of The Penguin, the same as Ledger did for his recent version of The Joker. You can flat out see Danny put a hell of alot of effort and patience into his role and dedicated himself to it. I love it, and always will no matter how far from the comic interpretation he actually is, to be honest I kinda like that version of The Penguin better than the one from most comics.

How long will these opinions last until someone else plays him in a Nolan Batman film! You fans are so fickle.

If we do see him in a future film he will be NOTHING like Devito's interpretation and he'll only be a minor character, and personally Im fine with that!

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

I've always loved DeVitos Penguin, he really did go above the call with it. And even if Nolan make's a new Penguin i'll always love Danny and nothing will change my mind. I still love and defend Jack even though i loved Ledger.

I dont understand why some people cant fathom liking more than one interpretation of something, its not like Jack Nicholson is going to take it personally because you like Ledger's Joker equally to his, its all silly bs.

Maybe they just like Nicholson better. Have you thought of that?

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 31 Oct  2008, 01:30
You obviously have no idea whatsoever of what Im talking about lol

DeVitos Penguin fit in perfectly in Burtons macabe world. We'll never see another interpretation like that again on the silver screen, and honestly I wouldnt want to. It would be cool to see the character again as the crooked night club owner/gangster.

100% agreed. DeVito really should have gotten an Oscar for his role. Instead, he miraculously got nominated for a Razzie of all things.

Quote from: DarkVengeance on Sat,  1 Nov  2008, 22:14
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 31 Oct  2008, 01:30
You obviously have no idea whatsoever of what Im talking about lol
Um....right.