Batman 89/Batman Returns Blu Ray Release - Mar 10th 2009

Started by rascalking, Fri, 1 Aug 2008, 19:44

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the planned 20th Blu-Ray set for Batman?

Love it - will be buying it
9 (50%)
Love it - not buying it
1 (5.6%)
Average - will be buying it
6 (33.3%)
Average - not buying it
1 (5.6%)
Hate it - will be buying it
0 (0%)
Hate it - not buying it
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

The latest issue of Empire features a full page advert for the Batman Anthology on Blu-ray (click on the pic for a bigger view)

Sweet. I hope they put a lot of effort into the 2 Burton films. I want them looking super amazing quality wise!

I couldn't care less about the Schumacher flicks but it's good to see that the US WB video division knows what the fans want on those BRD covers for Burton's movies.

I think those US covers are fake cause

There is no continous theme in the packaging. 

The Returns cover has a WB logo in the bottom left where the rest don't and it's squashed.

The 89 cover has the new font but the rest don't.

Where are they from?

Quote from: raleagh on Mon,  1 Dec  2008, 02:56
I think those US covers are fake cause

There is no continous theme in the packaging. 

The Returns cover has a WB logo in the bottom left where the rest don't and it's squashed.

The 89 cover has the new font but the rest don't.

Where are they from?

I think you are right. The covers will all end up looking like the confirmed bunch, just the logos.

It all seems very uncordinated.

Don't forget that we only got confirmation for the UK a short while ago.

Whoever decided to leave out a picture of Batman on that poster ad for the Blu-Rays doesn't know the first thing about proper marketing. This isn't a teaser poster, we already know who played Batman, so stick him in the middle of that character banner and leave out the Batman & Robin Batmobile.

If anything, it should have been from left to right:
The Penguin, Catwoman, Batman, Joker, Two-Face and The Riddler.

Its funny how in that article page they left out any villains or pics of anything from B&R except the Clooneymobile, that says alot right there.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quote from: Batman on Mon,  1 Dec  2008, 19:41
Whoever decided to leave out a picture of Batman on that poster ad for the Blu-Rays doesn't know the first thing about proper marketing. This isn't a teaser poster, we already know who played Batman, so stick him in the middle of that character banner and leave out the Batman & Robin Batmobile.

If anything, it should have been from left to right:
The Penguin, Catwoman, Batman, Joker, Two-Face and The Riddler.
I agree, they shoulda put a badass pic of Keaton in the suit from 89 or BR right in the middle, and used a good caption like "The comic book films that started it all!" or something along those lines, something iconic.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

I just bought TDK and Begins on Blu-ray, and I have to say that the anthology on Blu-ray is pretty much the biggest thing that I have been looking forward to in a while. I hope we get them in Canada at the same time as the US. On top of that, I hope we get it soon!