Batman 89/Batman Returns Blu Ray Release - Mar 10th 2009

Started by rascalking, Fri, 1 Aug 2008, 19:44

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the planned 20th Blu-Ray set for Batman?

Love it - will be buying it
9 (50%)
Love it - not buying it
1 (5.6%)
Average - will be buying it
6 (33.3%)
Average - not buying it
1 (5.6%)
Hate it - will be buying it
0 (0%)
Hate it - not buying it
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Quote from: Bat-Wing on Sun,  7 Sep  2008, 20:49
Does anyone know if the films will also be re-released on DVD?

They probably will, but don't expect anything new.

They are still available though.

From http://www.batmanmovieonline.com/features.php?news=49

Play.com are now showing covers for Burtons and Schumacher's Batman films on their site.

However, it is obvious that the covers are not official artwork since they have the DVD logo in the bottom left!  That said though, it is highly likely the artwork will be very similiar.

The release date, as we know, is 29th December 2008.

Tue, 9 Sep 2008, 04:07 #22 Last Edit: Thu, 24 Feb 2011, 03:01 by THE BAT-MAN
Just a question hear to everyone who owns the Special Edition's DVD set My Batman Returns Special Edition dvd has a problem with its audio.  On the scene when Penguin's parents throw him in the water, for a brief moment the splash on that scene if out of syncrinization.  I was wondering if anybody has the same problem?  The only reason why I am asking this is because this is my second copy and the first copy had the same problem.

If you do maybe their should be a recall or hopefully the new HD and Blue ray versions won't have the same problem.

Quote from: Dark Hero on Tue,  9 Sep  2008, 04:07
Just a question hear to everyone who owns the Special Edition's DVD set My Batman Returns Special Edition dvd has a problem with its audio.  On the scene when Penguin's parents throw him in the water, for a brief moment the splash on that scene if out of syncrinization.  I was wondering if anybody has the same problem?  The only reason why I am asking this is because this is my second copy and the first copy had the same problem.

If you do maybe their should be a recall or hopefully the new HD and Blue ray versions won't have the same problem.

Never noticed.

If it is there, after what, 3 years, I doubt that WB would recall a DVD for a sound effect that doesnt match up.

Somehow, I have a feeling that Warner Bros. will release the Special Edition of BATMAN 1:1 on Blu Ray and eventually follow with a 20th Anniversary Blu-Ray in 2009. It's been done before.

What I would like to see on a possible Blu-Ray Anniversary Edition, apart from some updated effects/ erased continuity isses (see the Director's Cut thread for my suggestions) would be a newly recorded interview with Michael Keaton, the full "BATMAN - The Making of a Hero" documentary, a featurette showing deleted material/ bloopers, a Music-only track (think Dolby True HD quality) and a Screenwriters' track perhaps.

And if there is a photo of Tim Burton out horse riding with Jack Nicholson, it would be nice if it was inserted in the Shadow of the Bat documentary, when Jon Peters tells that story.  :P

The covers will probably be the same as the SE DVDs. Doesn't bother me that much, they are fine as they are. I wouldn't mind seeing some other poster artwork on there to mix it up a little though.

I can't wait for these two Blu Ray versions.

It sucks to say, but I really doubt we're getting a 20th anniversary release of 89, it would be great, but I just dont see it happening.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quote from: DarkVengeance on Sat,  4 Oct  2008, 00:41
It sucks to say, but I really doubt we're getting a 20th anniversary release of 89, it would be great, but I just dont see it happening.
Neither. It is a criminal shame.

And, with these DVD covers, I don't really like how they gave the 89 bat logo an aged look. Just give me the logo how it is meant to be I say.

I agree I want it to stay the same, not make it flashy and futuristic, 89 was gritty and dark, thats how I want the cover to be and without that crappy silver font too!

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

I was emailed these today, but I have reservations about whether they are official.  (fyi, these were a higher resolution but I shrank them down to fit the page  :))