Batman 89/Batman Returns Blu Ray Release - Mar 10th 2009

Started by rascalking, Fri, 1 Aug 2008, 19:44

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the planned 20th Blu-Ray set for Batman?

Love it - will be buying it
9 (50%)
Love it - not buying it
1 (5.6%)
Average - will be buying it
6 (33.3%)
Average - not buying it
1 (5.6%)
Hate it - will be buying it
0 (0%)
Hate it - not buying it
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Didn't see a topic for this yet so thought I'd make one. According to Amazon UK, Batman 1989 and Batman Returns will be released on blu ray on December 29th, probably to coincide with the DVD/Blu Ray release of the Dark Knight. UK is famous for announcing release dates before USA, so we can pretty much determine that it will be released around the same time in the US. Lata!

Excellent stuff rascalking, it will be a very merry christmas  ;D

And me without a Blu-Ray player.  Or an HDTV.   :'(

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Fri,  1 Aug  2008, 22:27
And me without a Blu-Ray player.  Or an HDTV.   :'(

me too, but hopefully i will by next year.

Cool! I've been waiting for this for a long time. It'll be great to see them both in crystal clear high definition. Can't wait to see the covers they use. I hope they use one of the posters and it's not a photoshop job.

I hope they include the SE features, and a little bit more if possible.
Believe me, if and when they release some SE and Blu Ray comparison shots, you'll be wanting these two versions.

I'm not as up on all this stuff as I probably should be but given the vintage of the Burton films, I wouldn't expect too much of an upgrade.  In fact, there's a sense in which they might look worse since HD exposes a level of clarity that would've been unheard of when Burton made those films... so matte paintings, models and other effects might come off looking a lot worse than they originally did.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat,  2 Aug  2008, 08:42
I'm not as up on all this stuff as I probably should be but given the vintage of the Burton films, I wouldn't expect too much of an upgrade.  In fact, there's a sense in which they might look worse since HD exposes a level of clarity that would've been unheard of when Burton made those films... so matte paintings, models and other effects might come off looking a lot worse than they originally did.

Like seeing the light bulb in the hellhounds mouth in the ghostbusters dvd?  ;D