Batman 89/Batman Returns Blu Ray Release - Mar 10th 2009

Started by rascalking, Fri, 1 Aug 2008, 19:44

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the planned 20th Blu-Ray set for Batman?

Love it - will be buying it
9 (50%)
Love it - not buying it
1 (5.6%)
Average - will be buying it
6 (33.3%)
Average - not buying it
1 (5.6%)
Hate it - will be buying it
0 (0%)
Hate it - not buying it
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Exactly.

We knew they were not going to be as sharp as TDK and recently relased films, so I'm fine with these shots.

Also, I'm not sure those photos were taken directly from the Blu-ray.

I noticed some minor pixelation so I suspect they are from a Blu-ray rip.

Quote from: raleagh on Mon,  5 Jan  2009, 22:33
Quote from: DarkVengeance on Mon,  5 Jan  2009, 22:25
to be honest, those screencaps arent that impressive at all, I expected better quality, those dont look much better than dvd screencaps.

No way - take a screencap of a DVD and compare the 2.
I already have! ???

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Well, I will definitely wait for the rumored 20th Anniversary Edition.
Seems like a good opportunity to update some of those out of focus compositions.

And yes, both of those are native size.

But as Raleigh said, those Blu ray screenshots are compressed. Pop the Blu-ray into a player and watch on an HDTV.... it will blow your mind.

Granted, B89 and BR aren't like a lot of movies. The darkness tends to minimalize the details anyway. But you still can see a lot of stuff you've never seen outside of a theater on Blu ray for these two movies.

For example, the Blu ray of the 1966 Batman movie looks far more impressive in it's transfer, but you gotta remember that that film is bright and colorful, it shows it off more.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

that dosent look that much different at all to me!

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Thanks for uploading the Batman89 Blu Ray screenshots in the gallery, raleagh.  :)

Try making the DVD pic as big as the Blu-ray pic. THEN you'll see a BIG DIFFERENCE.

Yet, it should be mentioned that a good up-scaling DVD player/ Blu-Ray player will make a difference.