Batman 89/Batman Returns Blu Ray Release - Mar 10th 2009

Started by rascalking, Fri, 1 Aug 2008, 19:44

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the planned 20th Blu-Ray set for Batman?

Love it - will be buying it
9 (50%)
Love it - not buying it
1 (5.6%)
Average - will be buying it
6 (33.3%)
Average - not buying it
1 (5.6%)
Hate it - will be buying it
0 (0%)
Hate it - not buying it
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

QuoteThe bizarre thing is that you can get the dommentary with Chinese and Korean subtitles, but not english!
Now that is funny.

Mon, 5 Jan 2009, 05:42 #83 Last Edit: Mon, 5 Jan 2009, 10:23 by The Dark Knight
Thank you very much. Are these just HD, or are these Blu-ray?

Well, I put in an order for the first 2 Batman films on blu-ray, and I have been put through the ringer, boy! First I ordered from Amazon.co.uk, then all of a sudden they were out of stock! Then tried HMV.com, they were out of stock till after Xmas. Then finally sendit.com, they were in and out of stock. They FINALLY just shipped the first one, now I am awaiting them to send Batman Returns. Either these are selling like hot-cakes, or Warner UK did not make enough copies. These were the best Batman films (until the Nolan-Bale series. Sorry guys, but they ARE better films in both acting, writing and dialogue. :P Christian Bale is bit closer to the letter of Batman than Michael Keaton<even though Keaton is still awesome!>) Here's to hoping the blu-rays have impressive transfers. I live in US, so I am excited as hell to have these before any of my friends "tee-hee". I will not re-purchase the first one for the 20th anniversary either. I feel the special features on the special edition are awesome enough. Nor will the transfer be any better, I'm sure. Just more features and deluxe packaging.

Quote from: Pantallica78 on Mon,  5 Jan  2009, 13:18
Sorry guys, but they ARE better films in both acting, writing and dialogue.
Speak for yourself.

Quote from: Darrell Kaiser on Mon,  5 Jan  2009, 03:12
Found some screencaps for the Blu-rays:
http://www.hundland.org/hd/b/b.htm#batman
Sweetness, Thanks a bunch!

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Mon, 5 Jan 2009, 21:40 #87 Last Edit: Mon, 5 Jan 2009, 21:46 by raleagh
http://www.batmanmovieonline.com/features.php?news=49

As reported a fortnight ago, the UK cut of Batman Returns now features a previously cut scene reinstated (the aersol can / microwave scene).

The BBFC had no mention of the inclusion on their website leading many to expect (myself included) that the scene and Tim Burton's commentary would not be available to the UK. I contacted the BBFC to see what had changed and they responded today.

With the UK DVD Special Edition in 2005, Batman Returns was downgraded to a 12 rating. With the inclusion of the cut scene it has now been raised to a 15 again. The fact that this did not appear on the BBFC is because the packaging had not been approved by the BBFC. That seems to have changed today with the BBFC updating their entry for Batman Returns. See it here

Thanks to Sue Clark from the BBFC for clearing that one up for us.

to be honest, those screencaps arent that impressive at all, I expected better quality, those dont look much better than dvd screencaps.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quote from: DarkVengeance on Mon,  5 Jan  2009, 22:25
to be honest, those screencaps arent that impressive at all, I expected better quality, those dont look much better than dvd screencaps.

No way - take a screencap of a DVD and compare the 2.