Batman 89/Batman Returns Blu Ray Release - Mar 10th 2009

Started by rascalking, Fri, 1 Aug 2008, 19:44

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the planned 20th Blu-Ray set for Batman?

Love it - will be buying it
9 (50%)
Love it - not buying it
1 (5.6%)
Average - will be buying it
6 (33.3%)
Average - not buying it
1 (5.6%)
Hate it - will be buying it
0 (0%)
Hate it - not buying it
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

cant wait for the joel batman movies, bat butts in high res! ;D

From DVDReview.com

"Warner celebrates the 20th Anniversary of Tim Burton?s Batman

We just got word that Warner Home Video is preparing a 20th Anniversary Edition of Tim Burton?s Batman on Blu-Ray Disc for release in March.
Jack Nicholson is the Joker, who emerged from a horrible accident as a maniacal criminal. Michael Keaton is the Caped Crusader, who emerged from a childhood trauma to become a masked crimefighter. Kim Basinger is Vicki Vale, the talented photojournalist desired by both men. And Batman is the movie, the all-out spectacular directed by Tim Burton, set to songs by Prince and a music score by Danny Elfman, and an Academy AwardO winner* for Best Art Direction/Set Decoration (Anton Furst and Peter Young).
No exact details or specs have been announced yet, but the release will comes as a 2-disc Digibook version, containing a BD-25 disc for the movie and a separate DVD for the bonus materials.
The release date for ?Batman? is tentatively scheduled for March 31."

thedigitalbits.com
"First, remember our Rumor Mill post about the older Batman films coming to Blu-ray Disc? Well, not only are they officially announced for Japanese release in February '09, they hit stores next month (12/29) in the U.K., and they're set for release in Australia in January. (Thanks to all you readers who sent links.) So they're coming soon here in the States too, rest assured. Watch for announcements in the next few weeks. We posted the official art in The Rumor Mill the other day too, but here it is again "

A 20th Anniversary Edition of Batman? That is excellent!! I will have to upgrade, I got my 2-disc SE of Batman back in January, and it is the best SE I own! But if they are going to give me new interviews, behind the scenes info, unreleased footage etc., then I'm there!

20th...

Why do I think this is a cash in that will have all the same stuff in the SE release, just on a Blue Ray Platform.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Thu, 13 Nov  2008, 15:27
20th...

Why do I think this is a cash in that will have all the same stuff in the SE release, just on a Blue Ray Platform.

Im thinking that as well, and while seeing batman and returns in high def intrigues me, its not enough for me to shell out more money. Hopefully something will be new on there, but who knows.

Quote from: Redskull on Thu, 13 Nov  2008, 16:05
Quote from: Gotham Knight on Thu, 13 Nov  2008, 15:27
20th...

Im thinking that as well, and while seeing batman and returns in high def intrigues me, its not enough for me to shell out more money. Hopefully something will be new on there, but who knows.

Yeah, maybe when we see some details, we'll get a better understanding.

There better be some good bonuses on the Blu-rays for me to invest in a player(IE: new Keaton interviews, Elfman score commentary with isolated score track, etc.) If it's just a few seconds of the others telling stories, I will just go to YouTube. I want it to be worth every penny!

didnt know where else to post this but while reading the batman forever script I came upon this.

BRUCE
                   Claw Island. Nygma's headquarters.
                   I'm sure that's where they're
                   keeping Chase.
                          (realizing)
                   Are all the Batsuits destroyed?

ALFRED
                   All except the prototype with the
                   sonar modifications you so
                   disapprove of. But it hasn't yet
                   been tested.

BRUCE