Batman 89/Batman Returns Blu Ray Release - Mar 10th 2009

Started by rascalking, Fri, 1 Aug 2008, 19:44

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think of the planned 20th Blu-Ray set for Batman?

Love it - will be buying it
9 (50%)
Love it - not buying it
1 (5.6%)
Average - will be buying it
6 (33.3%)
Average - not buying it
1 (5.6%)
Hate it - will be buying it
0 (0%)
Hate it - not buying it
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 18

I already read a few reviews online of the Burton Batman films on blu-ray and it seems to be excellent al the way round. I remember a few reviewers commenting how excellent the picture and sound quality were for these films that were 17 to 20 years old. Even the matte paintings (which to this date is still some of the best I've seen) envelopes the city very well and fits in perfectly. I'll wait for the reviews on this website and I really hope it turns out to be great. My SE dvd of Batman has one of the best transfers I've seen, and I have several dvd's of recent films including LOTR, King Kong, Pirates Trilogy, TDK, and others and Batman SE still holds up to all of them, so can you imagine a blu-ray. Can't wait!

I agree, the SE DVDs of both Burton films are excellent. If we only had those, I'd be satisfied.

I can't wait to see Batman and Batman Returns in high-def on my 60''Pioneer!!!  8)
Sam Kinison is my God.

I'm interested in getting the '89 film later this year.

The screencaps that I've seen at this site look awesome.

What blu-ray drive do you have in your computer and how difficult was it to get screencaps?

When you search for Batman Returns on the official Blu-ray site, it will appear, but without screenshots or a review. But oddly, I found this:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Batman-Returns-Blu-ray/1297/#

Been watching the Bat flicks on Blu-ray, Burton and Nolan, and you know what? I think the Burton transfers are superior. Now, that?s the sort of thing you?d expect a Burton Batman fan to say. But hear me out.

Take Batman Begins, for example, while it thankfully has one aspect ratio, the image is muted and dull. It doesn?t pop out at you, like say, Batman Returns does. Odd for a relatively fresh film.

I get that parts of TDK were shot in IMAX, and we get the complete picture by including this format on the disc. But I?m just finding it annoying now. It comes down to how Nolan shot the film. Give me one comprehensive ratio, please. And the image quality doesn?t really wow me as much as I expect it to. Inception?s Blu ray, for example, blows it out of the water and corrects image qualms.

Both Burton flicks have one aspect ratio, and given their age, punch above their weight and look superior to Batman Begins, which was released a long time after. I find that the extra clarity has been more suitable for Burton, as the quality of the previous releases were regular, especially from the VHS days, and I?m inclined to see more obscured aspects.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 28 Dec  2010, 07:08
Been watching the Bat flicks on Blu-ray, Burton and Nolan, and you know what? I think the Burton transfers are superior. Now, that?s the sort of thing you?d expect a Burton Batman fan to say. But hear me out.

Take Batman Begins, for example, while it thankfully has one aspect ratio, the image is muted and dull. It doesn?t pop out at you, like say, Batman Returns does. Odd for a relatively fresh film.

I get that parts of TDK were shot in IMAX, and we get the complete picture by including this format on the disc. But I?m just finding it annoying now. It comes down to how Nolan shot the film. Give me one comprehensive ratio, please. And the image quality doesn?t really wow me as much as I expect it to. Inception?s Blu ray, for example, blows it out of the water and corrects image qualms.

Both Burton flicks have one aspect ratio, and given their age, punch above their weight and look superior to Batman Begins, which was released a long time after. I find that the extra clarity has been more suitable for Burton, as the quality of the previous releases were regular, especially from the VHS days, and I?m inclined to see more obscured aspects.
well I'll just have to get batman begins and dark knight to find out
you ever dance with the devil on a pale moon light