The Dark Knight Criticism

Started by Azrael, Thu, 31 Jul 2008, 12:09

Previous topic - Next topic
Christopher Walken was made to be in a comic book with his look in Returns. The size of that hair was utterly ridiculous but it fit him to a tee.

Quote from: Batmoney on Thu, 22 Jan  2009, 21:06
Christopher Walken was made to be in a comic book with his look in Returns. The size of that hair was utterly ridiculous but it fit him to a tee.

Really that's awesome. LOL i agree the hair was perfect for him, made him look crazy.

Quote from: The Batman Returns on Thu, 22 Jan  2009, 17:40while Shreck borrows from Mayor Hamilton Hill.
Whaa??  Uh, was not Hill invented for BTAS?  What kind of influence could an animated show which hadn't even aired yet possibly have been on BR????

QuoteDawes doesn't borrow anything at all, just like Chase Meridian before her. Of those two women, one is a self righteous robot while the other sounds like a confused 16 yr. old who can't decide to choose between her loving parents or her corrupted boyfriend.

wtf?

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat, 24 Jan  2009, 06:43
Quote from: The Batman Returns on Thu, 22 Jan  2009, 17:40while Shreck borrows from Mayor Hamilton Hill.
Whaa??  Uh, was not Hill invented for BTAS? 

Actually no, Hill was in the comics as far back as 1983 from what I've seen.

Cant beat the oul Kim basinger, at least she was straight! lol And not a stalker (Meridian), or psycho (Kyle) or head f##k!(Dawes)

Mon, 26 Jan 2009, 19:24 #85 Last Edit: Tue, 27 Jan 2009, 22:39 by The Batman Returns
No one, & I MEAN absolutely NO ONE, beats Ms. Kyle (played by the lovely Michelle Pfeiffer)! Anyway, Vicki Vale is MUCH better as a love interest for Bruce when compared to the 16 yr. old Meridian & the robotic Dawes, but just not the Catwoman! ;D

Thu, 5 Feb 2009, 02:39 #86 Last Edit: Fri, 6 Feb 2009, 15:45 by ral
Hellsing920 made a review of TDK (along w/ funny fanboy impressions):

http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/hmeUiUNkA2E

That was a very slick review, I laughed so hard at certain points, this guy just gives it to you straight.

Thu, 5 Feb 2009, 15:59 #88 Last Edit: Fri, 6 Feb 2009, 17:26 by batass4880
Heath Ledger was great but I couldn't help but LMAO at the Andy Dick comment. ;D

I think things are starting to even out a little bit with respect to TDK.  Some people are finally starting to cool off a little and give the film a bit more of an objective review.  The basic discourse still skews to gushing over-praise but if you dig a little bit, you'll see a little more criticism.  Not in a negative sense but something a little more balanced.  "There were a few leaps in logic" or "where the hell did THAT subplot come from/vanish to?" or "Dawes really was a superfluous character in a lot of ways" and such.

Weaknesses aside, I maintain that it's a quality film.  A big improvement over BB, no doubts there.