The Dark Knight Criticism

Started by Azrael, Thu, 31 Jul 2008, 12:09

Previous topic - Next topic
Would you be scared of an angry bulldog?

I sure would. It's the point, to scare and intimidate evil doers.

I could repeat myself about hiding his voice, how he changes personalities etc...but I won't. This conversation will just go around in circles. No one is going to change their opinion.

Personally, the only time I ever got a little irritated with Bale's voice was during the showdown with Two-Face scene in TDK.  For some reason the raspy, growling voice didn't work in that scene, for me.  But, to consider the alternative, he shouldn't go back into Bruce Wayne's normal voice in that scenes.  Hard finding a happy medium between the two, I suppose.

Quote from: Matuatay on Sat,  6 Jun  2009, 03:04
Personally, the only time I ever got a little irritated with Bale's voice was during the showdown with Two-Face scene in TDK.  For some reason the raspy, growling voice didn't work in that scene, for me.
I think it works and makes sense.

Considering the stress he is under in the final scene, after receiving a thrashing from The Joker, being attacked by dogs and being shot by Two-Face....

Not to mention the emotional strain he is under.

To The Dark Knight: Sorry if my post wasn't there. I deleted it by accident. Now let's move on.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat,  6 Jun  2009, 02:59
Would you be scared of an angry bulldog?

Let's just say that you & I have different views of certain things...

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat,  6 Jun  2009, 02:59
I could repeat myself about hiding his voice, how he changes personalities etc...but I won't. This conversation will just go around in circles. No one is going to change their opinion.

Listen, I know that the Batman must have an intimidating voice to strike fear into the cowardly & superstitious criminals that he encounters, believe me, but to have him speak like an angry bulldog just doesn't do it for me (I'm referring to his TDK voice). To me, I think Keaton & Conroy did it best, as they were able to sound intimidating, yet keep their mystique at the same time.  And while the Begins isn't really my cup of tea, I'd just much rather have had that voice than TDK's altered voice, because at least it was pure Bale & didn't sound too exaggerated.

If you like it, cool. But hey, the above mentioned is just my opinion.

This is no way a criticism, just an observation.

I was thinking the other day....

When Joker is dangling upside down and talking to Batman, wouldn't all the blood rush to his head?

He could very well die or feel extremely light headed.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon,  8 Jun  2009, 15:25

When Joker is dangling upside down and talking to Batman, wouldn't all the blood rush to his head?

Thought the same thing after seeing Bruce hanging upside down after bedding Vicki Vale.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Mon,  8 Jun  2009, 15:46

Thought the same thing after seeing Bruce hanging upside down after bedding Vicki Vale.
Indeed.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon,  8 Jun  2009, 16:09
Quote from: The Joker on Mon,  8 Jun  2009, 15:46

Indeed.

It wouldn't phase Bruce because he's the Batman! ;D

You can actually hang upside down for quite a while before dying. lol

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Mon, 8 Jun 2009, 19:37 #169 Last Edit: Mon, 8 Jun 2009, 20:15 by Dark Knight Detective
I wonder how long the Joker hung up there before the GCPD came....