The Dark Knight Criticism

Started by Azrael, Thu, 31 Jul 2008, 12:09

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Joker on Thu,  4 Jun  2009, 02:36
before every take, Joel would announce, "Now remember, folks. It's a cartoon!"
Ugh. Disgusting.

Dont even tell me you guys are whining about Bales amazing Batman voice, if you want to blame someone blame WB for digitally modifying his voice in post production.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Quote from: DarkVengeance on Fri,  5 Jun  2009, 15:16
Dont even tell me you guys are whining about Bales amazing Batman voice, if you want to blame someone blame WB for digitally modifying his voice in post production.

Slow down there, cowboy!

Thanks to The Dark Knight (the user), now I know for sure that Bale's voice was modified, so I can't fully blame him. But still, I'm not much of a fan of his unaltered Bat voice, as it comes off as too monstrous.

I like how "monstrous" he sounds, it adds to the creature of the night thing for me, the same as I love Keatons mysterious whispery  voice, theyre both amazing.

Its fine if you liked bales voice, everyone has there idea of Batman, but i personally see a more smoother and coldly logical voice when i think of him. Conroy was low but smooth, Keatons was perfect it was a whisper at times but seemed completely natural as an alter ego like Conroy a complete set of sentences where completely naturally delivered and vitally had an authoritive tone.  Though this is one seperate medium of batman (the movies) i can imagine keatons or conroys voice ordering around the superpowered beings of Superman and wonderwoman when i read a JLA comic i just dont get that with Bales voice or interpretation of the character.

Even Kilmer (very underated batman/wayne imo) had a good voice even though it actually sounded very much like the wayne voice it was just slightly tilted so you can understand someone not being sure when they met him.

Bales was far to gutteral and constantly angry it just didnt seem natural the argument will be he changed his voice to avoid detection but in the batman i always invisioned it is always a mystery who is the real person batman or wayne the ease of voice between the two should make it even harder to distinuish.

dark I can understand your point, I personally liked what Bale did with his Batman voice much more in BB, because you can tell it wasnt digitally altered and at times was very dark and mysterious similar to Keatons, but in TDK WB screwed it all up and changed it completly, I guess the stuido wanted him to be growling all the time.

By the way I like Conroys Batman voice alot too but at the same time it sounds so similar to his Wayne voice alot of the time, its not really that much of a difference.

Come on Guys, I havent met a person yet that wasnt irritated by Bales voice, motified or not.
Its undefendable! Sometimes you cant even make out what hes saying!!

Quote from: Joker81 on Fri,  5 Jun  2009, 18:58
Come on Guys, I havent met a person yet that wasnt irritated by Bales voice, motified or not.
Its undefendable! Sometimes you cant even make out what hes saying!!
I can make out exactly what he's saying 100% of the time.

I'm with Joker81 on the clarity issue - but then there are nouns used in America that aren't used here  ;)

But yeah...did the voice irritate me...yeah.

Quote from: DarkVengeance on Fri,  5 Jun  2009, 19:14
I can make out exactly what he's saying 100% of the time.
So can I.