The Dark Knight Criticism

Started by Azrael, Thu, 31 Jul 2008, 12:09

Previous topic - Next topic
But I wonder why Bale hasn't said anything about the editing of his voice?

Hmmm .....

Why so ... hoarse?

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I had heard rumors, but I didn't know it was true. Production is ruining Bale's Batvoice, what the hell is wrong with them?

Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Mon, 25 May  2009, 13:42
Quote from: silenig on Mon, 25 May  2009, 13:37
Yeah, the cowl in TDK looked at times ridiculous, especially with the lighting during the beat'em'up (aka interrogation room) scene. He really looked like a Catman with this cowl.

LOL, I didn't even know that such a thing existed.

Why so hoarse? At the end of the day, I think we can take this voice as some cheese value in an otherwise dark film. ALL good comic book films have cheese value, no matter how serious they try to take themselves (be it Burton's Batman, Iron-Man, Singer's X-Men, Raimi's Spider-Man or whatever), so one can be fine with that.  :)

Quote from: silenig on Tue, 26 May  2009, 11:59
Why so hoarse? At the end of the day, I think we can take this voice as some cheese value in an otherwise dark film. ALL good comic book films have cheese value, no matter how serious they try to take themselves (be it Burton's Batman, Iron-Man, Singer's X-Men, Raimi's Spider-Man or whatever), so one can be fine with that.  :)

Presumably, it's clearly unintentional ... but that just makes the easily mocked Bale hoarse voice even more hilarious!

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I still dont believe they dubbed Bales voice.

Quote from: damiean dark on Mon,  1 Jun  2009, 09:59
What the hell are you on about?

Bale's voice was not dubbed.

The Bale Batman voice IS Bale, just digitally altered a tad to sound raspier.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon,  1 Jun  2009, 12:44
Quote from: damiean dark on Mon,  1 Jun  2009, 09:59

What the hell are you on about?

Bale's voice was not dubbed.

The Bale Batman voice IS Bale, just digitally altered a tad to sound raspier.

I think it's a crashing course by altering his voice. Hopefully in the sequel they'll just leave it alone (& maybe he'll try to make his voice sound less forced).

I think people exaggerate Bale's Batman voice. I don't find it as bad as people say, I commend Bale for making an obvious distinction between the two roles - Bruce and Batman. When he puts on the suit, his personality changes. He has to disguise his voice after all.

I think that Bale's Batman voice was a little over the top in BB, & was made worse in TDK. I can't imagine Batman having those voices. But hey, that's me.