Returns top 5 best scenes

Started by Sandman, Wed, 23 Jul 2008, 01:14

Previous topic - Next topic
This is just like the Batman one. What are your top 5 scenes in returns? mine are:

5.When Penguin bites that guy on the nose.

4.Penguin taking over the Batmobile.

3.The scene when Penguin comes out of the water and tries to kill Batman and Batman turns around and they zoom in on his face only to see Penguin die all this with DE's music playing.

2.Selina's transformation into Catwomen.

and my all time fav.

1.When Batman rips off his cowl not only is it one of the best scenes in the movie but he looks killer in the Batsuit with no mask on one of my all time fav Batman images.

Wed, 23 Jul 2008, 02:57 #1 Last Edit: Wed, 23 Jul 2008, 03:14 by Batfan
5. Bruce sitting in the chair and having the Bat Signal turn on.
4. The ending.
3. Bruce and Selina finding out who they are.
2. Selina turning into Catwoman.
1. Shreck's death/Penguin coming back.

Wed, 23 Jul 2008, 04:16 #2 Last Edit: Wed, 23 Jul 2008, 04:21 by The Dark Knight
I love Batman Returns. It's my favourite Burton film. I love basically everything about its poetic brilliance.

I can't rank scenes, so in no order:

The opening titles, Bruce brooding in darkness, Batmobile lighting up the fire breather, Penguin's death scene, Catwoman's birth - any scene with her for that matter, Rooftop fight, Catwoman's 'death' with Max, Penguin hijacking the batmobile, and Wayne playing pieces of Penguin's insults at his speech.

Though not a scene, I love the winter time period of the film and the frozen look of Gotham. It is magnified with Elfman's fantastic soundtrack.

Wed, 23 Jul 2008, 10:45 #3 Last Edit: Wed, 23 Jul 2008, 10:48 by silenig
It's hard to pick up individual scenes, I simply love this film's tone, a winter/christmas fairy tale.

I could mention the:
Opening titles (as mentioned)

Ending (as mentioned)

Batman & Catwoman's night-time fight on the rooftops. If the film had a higher rating, they could be almost erotic with them kissing, fondling and kicking each other at the same time. But it is great as it is.

Selina & Bruce at the party, with Siouxsie & the Banshees in the soundtrack. Everyone else is costumed, and the two of them are unmasked, because Bruce & Selina are the masks and Batman & Catwoman their real self :)

Penguin's final face to face with Batman and his death.

05- The bit with Penguin in the cemetary (before everyone starts talking)
04- Bruce and Selina in front of the fire place
03- Bruce investigating Penguin's background and then spying on him later
02- The face lick scene on the rooftop
01- The entire Bruce/Selina scene on the dance floor

I'm going to watch Returns again later today. I haven't seen it for a little while, so I'll add anything that sparks my interest afterwards here.

05-The Selina/Bruce fireplace scene.

04-Penguin shoots the fat-clown with his umbrella.

03-Selina makes her Catwoman outfit, the transformation into Catwoman.

02-Gotham turns on Batman.

01-Batman ripping off his mask, The Finale....My favorite scene.
"Jack is dead my friend. You can call me, Joker. And, as you can see, I'm a lot happier."

I watched Returns again today. It works great as a whole film. I still favour this over Batman (1989), which is still a great film in its own right.

Each Batman movie has somthing great about them...Except B&R.

Sat, 25 Apr 2009, 02:43 #9 Last Edit: Sat, 25 Apr 2009, 02:56 by The Dark Knight
Alright, I'll finally try and rank my favorite scenes.

In truth, I need a top 20 best scenes thread for this film. There's a ton of moments I love. But -

00 - Opening titles (Probably doesn't count as a scene, but I love it)
01 - Bruce brooding
02 - Investigating Penguin's background and Batmobile spying
03 - Playing Penguin's insults from the Batcave
04 - Batmobile hijacked
05 - Arctic World finale